jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

How do you manage your money ?

1. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 6 years ago

Have you some tips about how to make a budget and stick to it ?

1. Karina S. profile image61
      Karina S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You may want to read my hubs. I have one about budgeting and saving money, and about frugal living etc. Personal finance is one of my favorite topics

2. 61
    intriguedposted 6 years ago

hi, i need also a tip on how to save money?

3. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Ive done a couple of hubs on this.  Why dont you check out my hubs on amazon.  You arent allowed to promote links here, so just scroll through.  You will find some real ways of saving and making money here.

Also... the top tip has to be ... DONT SPEND MORE THAN WHAT YOU HAVE COMING IN!  Prioritise spending on whats important...

1.  mortgage/rent
    2. bills/taxes
    3. food
    4. clothing

It is about attitude to money and taking control of your life!

1. megs78 profile image60
      megs78posted 6 years ago

here are my tips.  they have been useful to me because i went through some tough financial times in the past and have finally figured out what to do to stay out of financial mess;

1.  do not use credit cards unneccessarily.  and by that I mean, keep them for emergencies, or for things that require a credit card, such as hotel rooms, flights, rentals, etc.

Personally, I live without ANY credit cards.  Prepaid credit cards is the way to go.

2.  Carry cash when shopping so you can SEE your money disappearing and only bring enough cash that your budget allows.

3.  Always make lists.  Grocery shopping AND all other shopping.  When you go out for clothes or whatever, prioritize what you need now, and what can wait.  and make sure you really think about it.  and more importantly, stick to it.

4.  Keep up with incoming bills.  Don't let them add up.  They are generally manageable one at a time, but if they pile up, it can really be difficult to catch up.

5.  Don't let consumerism pull you in. I know its hard when you see beautifully decorated homes in magazines, and on tv, and all you want is to have the same kind of home.  But be reasonable and build slowly.  You don't need everything now.  You can take your time and buy one at a time. 

Those are my tips, hope it helps  smile

1. megs78 profile image60
        megs78posted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh yeah, i forgot one of the biggies...

DO NOT SHOP AT BIG BOX STORES!!!  You may save a few cents on toilet paper or soap or whatever, but you will end up buying things you don't need as well, so you will actually be spending more than you save.

I know it takes more time to drive to different stores, but its worth it.  Convenience is not always a good thing.

2. Yukko profile image59
      Yukkoposted 6 years ago

Before paying someone pay to yourself, it means, that you need to save money on the deposit or somewhere, where you cannot take them fast. After that do everything, what is written by other

I do every 3-4 month a checklist of what I have bought last week. The aim of this list is to find emotional consumption (when you buy something, when you want it, but not need).

3. chinweike profile image50
      chinweikeposted 6 years ago

Ask 'self questions' before going on 'spending harvest'. Question like; will i have to trek to work every day if i dont buy this car? If your answer to this question is NO, then, think twice before spending

1. ecogirl333 profile image60
        ecogirl333posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Simple - do not go to the shops.  Each time you nip out for one thing you 'need' its amazing how much more you end up bringing home.  A year of ├╝ber frugal living has taught me there is nearly always enough food in the store-cupboard to make that shopping trip far from critical.

4. readytoescape profile image61
      readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

I manage to spend mine pretty efficiently.
      Each time I earn it.... I manage to spend it all.

5. readytoescape profile image61
      readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

But seriously, for each age bracket the income to expenditure ratio will be different however, in these economic times nothing is seems to be safe except your mattress. 

For budgeting tips look to your modifiable monthly expenses, insurance policies, communication services, and commodities. as an example we picked up $160.00 per month on satelite TV, internet and landline services by bundling, more at the grocery store by eliminating name brand products, you'll find alot of of brands are made by the same companies at exactly the same quality. Reexamination of these can net you more than a few hundred extra dollars per month to go out and blow on the fun stuff.

6. lovelife999 profile image60
      lovelife999posted 6 years ago

i avoid the things which i do not need.

7. Casper021 profile image59
      Casper021posted 6 years ago

I earn enough so I do not have to worry about saving, I think this is the best way to be

8. 0
      Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Money?  Whazzat?  lol

9. efeguy profile image60
      efeguyposted 6 years ago

by planning well.

using opportunity cost,that is getting the most important stuff and leaving others for another day.

10. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

My best advice...make a decision to live on 60 % or less of your income. It seems impossible, but if you keep your basic expenses below 60%, use credit cards wisely instead of the cards using you, and make a "think about it for 3 days" before you buy it rule - you will be fine smile Just my method, Holly

1. Karina S. profile image61
        Karina S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

very good tips

11. marketerlevh42 profile image62
      marketerlevh42posted 6 years ago

I will read your hubs. e think alike.