jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Faith of compainies in 2010.

1. chinweike profile image47
    chinweikeposted 7 years ago

What do you think will be the faith of compainies in 2010? Considering the increase in the number of bankruptcies filed in this 2009, is it likely to continue in 2010?

And how will that affect compainies?

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

Faith in companies in general will continue.  It is the faith and trust in the large corporate monopolies that people are leary about.  My worry is government interruption in the inner workings of the private sector.  A free market must be maintained in order to promote progress and prosperity.  Yes, it will be a rough road ahead.

chinweikeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We obviously have the same fears. But, we shall all face the challenges squarely!

1. goldenpath profile image81
        goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agreed!  We have the knowledge and means to work ourselves out of this mess.  Hopefully, the social degradation of the times does not impede our civilized progress.  It is interesting though.  As time continues we are more and more an interconnected global economy.  This means we will more and more share in the prosperity and depressions of the various markets.  The scary part is the inevitable collapse of certain markets and sectors which is normal but on a global level it is something which could cause mass poverty and even war.

3. Hunting Videos profile image61
    Hunting Videosposted 7 years ago

If I knew for certain what was going to happen in the economy, I would make a killing on the stock market. My personal thinking is unemployment benefits are drying up and if companies are not hiring, we could have a double dip recession. I hope I'm wrong.
    I agree with goldenpath, the more the government get involved, the more I worry what is going to happen with the economy. Free market always works in the long un even if a few companies fail.

1. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree!  Companies must be responsible and accountable for their actions.  If that means they fail - then they fail.  We may go through pains as a nation for it but bailing them out will only cause disruptions for generations to come - as is the case now.  Through this natural process of success and failure companies, as a whole, will be better down the road.  All this reminds me of the importance of being self reliant.  This includes food storage, emergency supplies, survival know-how.  Most of us have ample time during times of prosperity and even in times of just "getting by" to build up an insurance of such for the future.  If we fail as a country or world we need not fail hard as individuals.

So you are implying that the faith of compainies in 2010 are in their own hands? And that compainies that fail to invest seriously in their assets base (insurance) now will lice to regret it or fail.

We definitly will not fail as individuals nor........

2. profile image0
      temberowaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Governments are always involved, although not "officially".
      What we think we have as free market is pure illussion. Look what happend with small businesses incorporating like crazy in recent years. Wonder why?
      Easier controlled? Sounds like....

Yes, government are always involved; directly or indirectly

working