jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

How Do You Determine Domain Value

1. fdoleac profile image58
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

I have top level domains that I want to sell.  They are number 1 or 2 for the most common key word searches in real estate.  A typical search is boston ma real estate and we have the domain bostonmarealestate.com

Brand value and highest search term.  Any ideas or resources?  Have you had succes selling domains?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Where did you get that information?  I just looked up "boston ma real estate" on Google Adwords and it only gets around 8,000 searches a month, plus there's a lot of competition for the term.

"Boston real estate" and "Boston ma homes" get over 100,000 searches a month.

2. Satsuma Pottery profile image60
    Satsuma Potteryposted 6 years ago

I am not sure about how valuable the names are or levels of traffic, but people usually want to see earnings from the site, so the usual thing is to ask for 10 months worth of (potential) earnings.

You can then add more if the site has lots of original unique content or any other good selling point, additional software licences etc.

Have you looked at http://flippa.com ?

fdoleacposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the resource.  I am focusing on the value of the URL.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

The leads the site generates might be a good source of income, realty agents will pay good money for fresh genuine leads. If the domain produces no leads whatsoever and without any PageRank its probably not worth much more than you originally paid for it.

fdoleacposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hear you.  thanks

4. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

And the only reason your domain name comes at the top is because you pay to have it listed as a sponsored link, I would recommend sitting on it for awhile and seeing if your investment pays off, if not sell it and move on or create more backlinks over time with your domain!.

5. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 6 years ago

domain names are cheap and plentiful. i can't imagine paying for something that's not producing

6. mochileiro profile image78
    mochileiroposted 6 years ago

Age, PageRank, backlinks, keyword search volume, etc.

Who buys this type of domain are mainly people looking for profit from affiliate marketing, adsense, etc. You hardly will find someone that actually has a real business in that area to buy your domains.

So calculate the earnings that the site has currently is important. Even if you won't sell the site, it's a good estimative of the value of the domain. Five to 10 times the monthly revenue would be a good initial value.

You can put your domains at sedo.com just to look if it is of some interest.

7. agraj profile image60
    agrajposted 5 years ago

go to SEDO[dot]com and get list your domains there with veluable content about website..you will find too many people are interested in buying your domain at much then expected price.