jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Collections Anyone?

1. torimari profile image80
    torimariposted 6 years ago

Recently I started training as a debt collector as a temp assignment. It is the furthest thing I ever wanted to do, but it is a job whilst I look for something pertaining to my English degree.

Though, I'm doing ok, it's starting to kick my arse with anxiety. Not so much the people yelling at me, but getting the payments, points, and policies across in order to meet quotas.

I really don't like it, but am trying to suck it up as I look for another job in the meantime.

Has anyone else worked as a debt collection agent? Any words of advice? Stories, anything?

1. georgeobancroft profile image60
      georgeobancroftposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have worked for ten years in the field, both consumer and commercial. I have found a great Website on the subject but I can't talk about it here. It's against the HubPages rules.  If you are interested in talking off line, contact me at georgeobancroft@gmail.com. I believe it will be worth your time.

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sorry love I have not but my only advise would be to keep a baseball bat in the car or around your back---just in case lol  wish I could help though

2. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

I have not done that kind of work or known anyone who has. I did see a documetary once that covered collections workers....can't remember the name of it?? Anyway they did say it was pretty stressful and the turn over rate was really high because of it. Guess it just takes a certian type of person to do it well and for a long time?? Good luck with it, hope you do great!!!

1. torimari profile image80
      torimariposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the insight Stormy. Hahah, I definitely understand why there is a high turn over rate.

3. shehzad00786 profile image59
    shehzad00786posted 6 years ago

plz call me for more information ? ok just call: +919016410169

4. GoTo Gal profile image80
    GoTo Galposted 6 years ago

I did this once for a chain furniture company the required us to call any past due accounts daily.  I hated it.  I even had to do a few repossessions.

Best advice take notes as to how people are called to the telephone, listen for nicknames so that you can ask for them by that name next time you call.  Be nice and don't take to heart the mean things they say to you.  Watch your stress level.

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point Go to Gal big_smile

5. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Me'n'me bros used to work collections...

metal bats bend too easy, use a good quality wooden one, not a shoddy made in China one..  for playing "ball" games.. hehehehe