Payback for

1. Appletreedeals profile image83
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

Note: not mentioning for any affiliation!

Have you ever experienced bad customer service? Bet you have!

old adage: a happy customer will tell 4 or 5 people, an unhappy one will tell 10+.

I signed up for trial offer through an affiliation site.

had to give credit (debit) card info, site said it was for VERIFICATION ONLY! Would not be charged.

bingo! minutes later I was debited $17.94 - I was pissed!

called, locked and loaded for confrontation with typical poor customer service.

was told reversal would occur in 3 to 5 days. wrong! they took my money in minutes, I wanted it back in minutes! Asked for supervisor.

Got Victor, he listened, started to give same answer - nope - unacceptable, so he took my number and promised a call-back.

he had the debit card co, on line for a 3-way call, and got my debit reversed within minutes! Bravo to Victor.

Kudos to for excellent customer service. If I'm going to bitch about poor customer service, then I owe it to to praise theirs.

Wished all companies followed their example.

ps. this all occurred because I fell for the "Project Payday" promo. my mistake

1. 60
      StampsComposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad to hear that we were able to take care of the problem you encountered.  As you mentioned, the charge is only a verification and typically takes a few days to disappear.  I'm happy to hear we were able to work with the debit card company to remove it faster.

I just wanted to check to make see if there was anything else we could do for you.  If you have any questions, please me know; I'm happy to help!!!  You can reach me at social(at)

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I actually had the same issue!

but was fixed just as quickly through email w/ the company. They actually extended my  trial by a full month also!

I tried them as an alternate to paypal shipping - but wasnt a money saver so didnt continue

..they should reconsider their affiliations w/ freebie sites - its got to be a headache to handle all those returns and complaints!