jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Opening a bank account in the US.

1. Netcash profile image61
    Netcashposted 8 years ago

Hows best to open a bank account in the US today even without being a residence or citizen of the US?

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Due to the Patriot Act and many bank's policies, you will find yourself unable to open a bank account unless you are a legal US resident.  This is just how it goes.

Netcashposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Cool,i appreciate that. Then how come people are posting in some forums on how they can be able to open an account in the US even without being a residence or citizen?

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Because some people are trying to use scams to take unwitting individuals' money.

Netcashposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks

4. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Open an account with an online share trading house. They will effectively give you a bank account - with a check book. smile

So much for protecting the US from terrorists lol

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL Mark, go take a look at his hubs. Does "Nigeria scam" ring a bell?

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't answering for this moron smile

LOL - I can't flag them though. They meet the rules as far as I can tell smile

There is nothing about lying through your back teeth in the TOS.

6. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

That’s too brilliant of you Mark Knowles. Could it be true some things are more open in China than US!

7. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I think he is promoting illegal deal, at least in the part of opening US bank account, and could be flagged and banned just for that...

8. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Nothing in the TOS about that either. Oh well, maybe he will get arrested instead?

9. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yeah, by Captain Kirk big_smile

10. Netcash profile image61

If there is anything dubious about this  post i wont make it here, a lot of people from our world work for you guys via affiliate marketing and any other means you can think about, but cant get there money back after earning it, and some of us are looking for a way of helping them get this hard earned dough back.
    Whats wrong with that, and i am not paticularly happy with Mark saying that Nigerians scam.You dont have to abuse a country cos you feel you are up there and have it all. We are also part of the IT world.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Never mentioned Nigerians, other than to quote some one else.

And if you are blind to the amount of spam being sent out from Nigeria, I suggest another line of work. Nothing about abusing the country - just the spammers. Nigerian or otherwise.

11. Netcash profile image61

Cool........

No offense, we are all here to learn in a way or the other.

working