jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

It looks like ole Google is no longer a growth stock.

1. Ben Evans profile image74
    Ben Evansposted 6 years ago

Google has been a real good investment over the several years ago.  Even yet after its highs over $700 it has held tough once it recovered from its drop.

Revenue growth has slowed substantially and the EPS trend is stagnant.  I think ole GOOG is starting to mature.

The pps has been flat for a year.  I think it will remain flat.  I think ole GOOG is going to fall off the growth metric.

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I really like google too. Boohoohoo!!! I will hate to see its demise so soon!

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not a demise. roll

lol lol lol Just growth is going to be limited for a time.

2. Ben Evans profile image74
        Ben Evansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes Google has been a good stock to hold for some incredible gains.  I have been following and trading GOOG since its IPO.  I wish I would have just held it.  big_smile  The topline and bottom line are starting to flatten.  I agree with Cagsil that it is not a demise but I think it will be moving into a Intel or Microsoft type of metric.  Large growth is behind ole GOOG.  The last few Earnings announcements have shown it.

2. chan0512 profile image76
    chan0512posted 6 years ago

I agreed. GOOG growth has been slowed. However compare to YHOO recently earning, GOOG is still a better investment. Any drop below $450 is a good entry I believe.

1. Ben Evans profile image74
      Ben Evansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't do comparative investing.  YHOO and GOOG are totally different.  If one wants growth, they should look at BIDU.  I will warn, however, that BIDU is quite a risky investment.

I think GOOG is going to be fairly stable.  It has lost a lot of its beta.

The question is at this point if we are going to look for value why don't we look for companies like FCX or COP.  I am not downplaying GOOG and for those who have long term investment horizons it will probably be stable.  I currently would not be in the accumulation mode right now.