jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Are you aware of it

1. Angel Davitkov profile image60
    Angel Davitkovposted 6 years ago

Were you aware that if you pass away without a Will, the State could  decide who inherits your home and other assets?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i'm leaving everything to my bunny wink

well, seriously though, i'm not sure that is the case all over. i mean, when you fill out stock forms and insurance forms and stuff, you designate primary benificiary and secondary beneficiary. how could the state overrule that?

2. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't have anything, no children, so no worries. See, this is why people shouldn't hoard things or money.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I guess it only matters if you have family and friends to leave things to, in the first place.

Then again, what if you die without owning a house or having much of assets to begin with? hmm

lol lol lol

3. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

In our State, the decision is already made.  We made a will, but really did not need to because the defaulls matched our wishes anyway.

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

I have two cats... no will.

5. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

yes, and I need to update mine...thanks for reminding me.smile

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I don't think we need to thank him.  It's pretty plain that he was just sneakily trying to do a little hub promotion.

1. Angel Davitkov profile image60
        Angel Davitkovposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On September 11 there was a story about a a family who  past a way living three kids behind .
        When state look it the case they did have a living grant parents  but the state did not think they can afford to raise a three kids so they sad

"Pick Two "

Ever seance the third child was in 7 deferment foster homes .

So all a I'm saying  Pcunix   don't placing that burden on a loved ones.

1. wychic profile image79
          wychicposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Obviously this changes drastically from state to state...my husband and two of his brothers were raised for ten years by their grandparents, who were in their 90s at the time they took over the boys' care (the oldest boy was four) and had no income. They lived off of what they could produce only, and obviously couldn't expect to live until the boys reached the age of majority.

In my own state, if there are only minors in the next of kin, then all assets (or the proceeds of the sale of the assets) are placed in trust until the children reach 18, and there is a pretty extensive hierarchy of relatives that the assets would go to before there's no one left. The government gets its cut either way, they're not particularly gung-ho to take over all the finer points of disposing of the property if there's anyone else that can take the helm on that.

2. Pcunix profile image88

Ayup.  Of course none of this has anything to do with you personally,  You just want to be helpful :-)

1. luvpassion profile image61
            luvpassionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now see who would've ever guessed that you could read this man's mind. lol lol

1. profile image0
              DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

or his latest hubs....

1. luvpassion profile image61
                luvpassionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay I looked at his hubs and you're probably right, that was uncalled for. Sorry about that Mr. Pcunix. smile

1. Pcunix profile image88

Apology accepted.

It's a cheap tactic, and he is hardly the only one to employ it.   I only mentioned it because the effort seemed particularly clumsy and obvious - he didn't even try to invent a plausible back story.

6. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

And by the way, Angel:  stuff like that is what will keep your HubScore below the 75 you need to get "nofollow" removed from the outbound links I'm sure you pepper your hubs with.

working