Fake Goods Crackdown! 82 Websites Seized By Law Enforcement

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Fake Goods Crackdown! 82 Websites Seized By Law Enforcement
    be careful shopping online...crooks are becoming more sophisticated...that bargain could cost plenty!

Law enforcement officials said on Monday they had shut down 82 websites selling thousands of counterfeit and pirated goods in a move timed with the start of the online holiday shopping season.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUZHmbhh … r_embedded

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago

Law Enforcement must have one helluva Christmas, with all the seized goods from other sources too i.e flea markets ,private sales etc.

While I agree wholeheartly that counterfeiting is wrong and steals in effect from the rightful owner,Im just not so sure the remedy is necessarily the most effective answer.

I think undercover agents would work best, and then the fine so great it would automatically be a deterent to set up a website and sell fake stuff.

It does seem like an overwhelming problem I agree, kinda reminds me of a joke my son made recently...

You know where they caution while watching a DVD or music online with a message like this:
    "You wouldnt steal a car ,would you"? ,and follow with a stronger caution ,from the Feds..
    Anyway the joke among some young people  in response to

You wouldnt steal a car would you? was
    I would if I could download it  lol