jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)

10 dollars in Adsense

1. 0
    Contriceposted 5 years ago

I never check my adsense earnings.  As a matter of fact, I don't know if I really belived that I would make money with the program.  I don't advertise my pages much and with school back in...writing articles is just not as big of a priority as it used to be.  So I was super surprised when out of curiosity I login into adsense to learn that I've made 10 dollars.  This may not seem like a big deal to some, but hey...everyone has to start somewhere. smile

1. Ms Dee profile image88
      Ms Deeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, that's great!  I'm almost to $20, LOL! smile  It takes a while, from what I understand, but gradually comes.

2. simeonvisser profile image87
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! I'm just starting out and I haven't made anything but as you say we all have to start somewhere. Furthermore, you've shown that it is actually possible haha! smile

3. Alison Dittmar profile image59
      Alison Dittmarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Contrice, I hear you.  Even when I do try to check, it's a hassle.  If you are going to write, your going to write!  Balances don't change your love of writing- even though it is hard work!  Congrats though, it is a 'pusher' to prompt you on! Best wishes.

4. shaekelly profile image73
      shaekellyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know the feeling I have made 31.33 cents so far, and I am very proud.  I worked my but off for that 31.33.  That has inspired me to write some more so that I can reach my payout next time around. Keep up the good work and good luck.

5. quildon profile image86
      quildonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! I don't check my account either. Don't think I've made any money so far, but I agree with Alison, money doesn't change my love for writing.

2. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

So awesome!  Hopefully the next ten will come even faster smile

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

congrats smile

4. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Congrats. The same thing happened to me when i joined hubpages a year and a hlf ago. After I realized I could actually make money, I started writting alot more and the money keeps getn better....

1. 0
      Contriceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, that's the direction I'm going to go it.  Maybe I can reach that 100 dollar payout.

5. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 5 years ago

wow glad to here it really works! cool cool smiley

6. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

It really does work. Keep piling on the quality hubs and I guarantee you will be cyclically (every few months) astonished at how much you've begun to accrue.

1. 0
      Contriceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good words, Tooghun

7. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

That's great, Contrice! If you write quality articles, the traffic will come, and it only gets better over time. Keep up the good work!

8. violann profile image60
    violannposted 5 years ago

that's good news, guess I'll just keep on writing, thanks for sharing this.

9. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

Congrats! It is always fun to hear these sorts of good news stories smile

10. Roffi Grandiosa profile image60
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 5 years ago

congrats contrice.. wait till you get your first check

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Congrats! $10 is a big deal and you should be proud! Thanks for sharing your story! I saw someone else that mentioned being here 3 weeks and hadn't made anything.  It took me 21 days to see my first trickle.  At 10 months I was getting my first payout. Here, at just over 2 yrs, I've had back to back $400 months.  Guys, I promise it starts slow, but when he gets going it snowballs.  Just keep writing quality hubs!  You can do it!

1. ftclick profile image60
      ftclickposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you don't do static or dynamic sites? w Hubpages you have a 50% chance of your adsense code showing.  But, yes, if you write do it well and let all your friends know.

12. 0
    Richard Stephenposted 5 years ago

Congratulations, you first earnings were quite a bit more than mine.  With consistent work and quality hubs your earnings will go up from there.  I kept up my writing and my earnings for last month were well over $100.  Keep up the effort!

13. abinavis profile image60
    abinavisposted 5 years ago

a very good start to get more earning from adsense. Good luck.

14. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Nice to hear news like this.

After 50 hubs I was almost ready to give up some days. Then I found things starting to tick over and I have made my third thresh hold level for payment this month. It took months and months to reach the first one, less time for the second and about two months this time. That would not be much for some people here but it is good news for me as I started out knowing nothing about how to make it all work.

Amazon was a similar story I was ready to give up including it in my hubs but now sales are happening.

15. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

If you spend more time on this site and make more hubs, you will be even more impressed!

16. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

Congrats. It is the time to move on further.

17. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 5 years ago

I finally hit the ten dollar mark for a single month just recently. I'm pretty happy about it.

18. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 5 years ago

Congrats! Now lets see if you can double even triple that! Its always good to have goals. keep on hubbing!