jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is this a blessing or a curse?

1. tritrain profile image79
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

According to this article posted on CNN winning the lottery can be both a blessing and a curse.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/07/lo … tml?hpt=C1

I hear about people that lose all of their millions, lose their friends and family, and wind up utterly miserable.

I suppose winning the lottery only amplifies people's lives, so if they have poor personal financial skills and unscrupulous friends, then those things could become worse.

Well, as for me, I'd like to see if it's a curse for myself?

Am I a fool?

1. Pandoras Box profile image82
      Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amplifying my life sounds okay to me.

1. tritrain profile image79
        tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Funny how some "curses" don't look all that bad, eh?

1. Pandoras Box profile image82
          Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Life is what you make it, and I don't believe in curses!

Turn it up!

1. 0
            Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess I am not cursed enough. No luck.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

If I ever won, I would give almost all of it away immediately to organizations I like supporting and to anonymously help a few folks I know who could use a bit of help. I would give enough to help, only.

I'd keep a few hundred thousand just to see me through the rest of my life comfortably.  I would not want the mess that too much brings.

3. 60
    Slushyposted 5 years ago

You probably would have to make a plan about what you'd do with the money BEFORE you are sure to get the money.

I'd try investing the money into business, so I can make more money from it. And I'd also make some safe investments that grow my money from year to year. I'd substract the loss of the money through inflation and what remains from the growth I got will be donated. Like that I will always have the same value in my bank account, not considering breakdowns of the financial systems or anything that would devalue my money, and I could still give away money to charity every year :-)

My personal finance would be safe by my business investments that would be very clever of course and stable in the long run smile

4. Victoria Stephens profile image82
    Victoria Stephensposted 5 years ago

It's only a curse if you don't know how to use it wisely.

It also depends on the person who wins it, if they have a genuinely nice personality and genuine friends then that’s how it'll stay but if they are already surrounded by bad then bad will only become worse.x