jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Currency Analysis

1. Gordon G. profile image60
    Gordon G.posted 5 years ago

What do you find is the best method for investing in currencies? Purely technical, purely fundamental, or a combination of both? I'm still new to the forex market and was thinking about running on technicals alone.

1. iwancahyo profile image59
      iwancahyoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm usually mixed with 70% for technicals analysis and 30% fundamental analysis

2. chamilj profile image60
      chamiljposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use both 50: 50. We can't use technical only.

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My jar of Canadian quarters suits me just fine. smile

4. 4closurefraud32 profile image60
      4closurefraud32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i go for the more technical - if you know how to read charts and to proper chart analysis, especially candlestick charts and the 5, 10, 15 minute ones it really helps!

2. forexturtle profile image60
    forexturtleposted 5 years ago

I've been trading for about six years and I have flip flopped between the two.  Now I have come to realize that you can't separate the two.  My technical analysis has improved since I started developing my own indicators.  I rely heavily on the data those indicators are giving me but I am also keenly aware of market fundamentals.  An unexpected turn of events in the marketplace can completely invalidate technical analysis.

I start my trading day the previous evening by previewing the economic reports for the following day.  If I think a surprise might be in the works, then I wait for the report to be published before opening any new positions that might be affected by it.  For example, I never trade the day of non-farm payroll - too unpredictable.

Again, for the most part, I rely on my technical analysis to give me an indication of where the opportunities might be but I always view it through the prism of the fundamentals.  They go hand-in-hand.

3. giaodichforex profile image60
    giaodichforexposted 5 years ago

i think fundamental is best.