jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Can anyone tell me where I can get an unsecured personal loan?

1. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I would check out your local Credit Union. It would probably be your best bet. hmm

2. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

I am sure Credit Union is like a bank. They will need you to have a decent credit score. You have to call some private lendering companies(like mortgage companies) or others and ask for tel. No of any private lender. They usually know. Where do you live?  I know one here in Toronto, Canada through business I am working for. Interest might be too high though.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I was in a Credit Union, we used to make a regular payment in every week, something small, that you could afford. Then after a time, when you have proven you could make regular payments, you could apply for a loan. The deciding committee would grant you one (or otherwise) depending on your credit history with them.
      Credit Unions are great for small areas like neighborhoods, or housing estates, or groups of workers.
      Also the loan interest rates are low, so if you don't have an income they are a great way of saving and borrowing.

3. LittlePayday profile image59
    LittlePaydayposted 5 years ago

You can get an unsecured personal loan from an online lending service. No bank, no credit check, no waiting.
    It depends on how much you are looking to borrow and when you are looking to pay it back.

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Check the "your offers" section on your bank's website. You may already be eligible for such a loan and just not have been paying attention.
    The important thing to know about unsecured personal loans is the interest rate is likely high -- close to a credit card.
    You might be better off using a cc instead, depending on how much you need.
    But a credit union is a good option.
    Shop around and get the BEST rate and terms you can!

5. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

the mere fact that you are looking for Unsecured would set off alarm bells at any reputable institution. You can find a loan company, but you are going to pay a hefty interest rate and probably get burned by the small print on various fees.

6. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

depending on your state, Prosper.com may have some private lenders that can help you.
    Peer to peer micro loans are a viable option for many.