jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Chiropractic Bill - $242 for One Session

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I am shocked - I had an adjustment to my neck and the bill came to $242!  To me this seems like allot.

Any guidance on how to handle this?

Is there a place to review "normal" charges?

1. 4closurefraud32 profile image60
      4closurefraud32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

hmm... that does seem quite a bit steep. did the chiropractor do any type of consult or anything else? normal chiro adjustments range from 40-70 per session, depending on if insurance is taken.

did you already pay for the care? i would ask for a simple break down of the charge... nothing wrong with knowing what you're paying for!

2. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I go to the chiropracter twice a month.  Where is this chiropracter you went to, Beverly Hills?  I get billed around $40 per visit, but I have insurance so I only pay a small co-pay. Did you have x-rays or some other diagnostic procedures that might be included in that bill?

3. superwags profile image81
    superwagsposted 5 years ago

Your basic mistake was to go to a chiropracter; you know it's all BS, right?!

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you are correct, it is all BS, and the one I go to makes a treatment plan for the year and has you pay all your co-pays up front, so how is that for getting you hooked?  He spends 10 seconds adjusting my lower back and my neck, a few cracks later I'm done.  I think the whole thing is a racket, but my friend got me to go with her and then they hooked me with the "free" evaluation and x-rays, and then when they show you your sublexations what can you say? So I'm giving this a shot for now to see if anything gets any better.  Of couse I can hear my dr. already asking me the fatal question:  Don't you want to maintain a healthy spine for the rest of your life?

4. johncimble profile image60
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

wow that is expensive, I am glad I made the move to Thailand where things like this are literally a 1000% cheaper!