Gold Is A Good Investment Until Late 2011??

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. iwancahyo profile image60
    iwancahyoposted 13 years ago

In my opinion there are three main factors supporting the strengthening gold price, for while it is, the uncertainty of conflict in Libya and the MENA, the focus of sovereign debt situation in Euro Zone, and rising oil prices that potentially trigger an increase global inflation.

Question:
    Is the gold still a good investment until late 2011??

1. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't buy gold right now, i would be sell sell selling.  Gold rises in times of financial crisis, now we are emerging form that crisis, go figure.

1. iwancahyo profile image60
        iwancahyoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

for time and time.. gold always strength.. and usually  more upside when crisis.. but..nice share thisisoli smile

2. forlan profile image61
      forlanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

gold is good investment but you put gold only 10% on your portfolio. You can open a business if you have much money for your future rather than saving gold.

3. Ben Evans profile image64
      Ben Evansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gold has been a touted investment recently and it has also been a great investment for those who have held it.

However.......Gold's value is not intrinsically fundamental.

The value of gold is based on the perception of the market by people who listen to market makers and those who talk the value up.  The perception recently has been a valid trading mechanism but it may not be in the future. 

It will be all dependent on the big guys (ie countries).  The fundamentals of gold could change over night just by a country selling gold.

I don't predict this but I do have to say that a person should look at everything in a short term environment.  After all what has been painted as fundamentals is not.  It is something that has compelled the market.  If just a couple of the market makers change their tune with respect to gold, the market will change to chagrin of the rest of those who make the market.

If a person is dependent on the rest of the market, the market will control their investments.

This is not a bearish stament on gold but a caution to listening to those who control the market.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Is THAT the information that you expect modern investors to believe? hmm

Historically Here Are The Facts that you should know!

World Wholesale Gold Prices are actually controlled by the Olde World Spanish Company - Del Oro Cortez - for many, many years they have held the monopoly on trading from their South American HQ in a place called Forto Incarus!

Do some Real Research before you consider gold investment atm.

Unless you can buy gold at wholesale rates and directly from Del Oro Cortez, you are better off investing in Tobacco from Virginia or gaining a UK agency to ship Snuff to Hong Kong and China. roll

I guess that answers your question - Unless you want me to explain to the Investment Principles and Ratios of Short or Long String, or Advise you of the benefits of trading rifles, beads and blankets for land inhabited by indigenous tribes! hmm

3. iwancahyo profile image60
    iwancahyoposted 13 years ago

hi pearldiver

usually i'll do buy or sell for short period, anyway nice share smile

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi mate... Sorry.. I was just fooling around! roll

Right now I personally don't like gold.. though I may be completely wrong.
      But if you can work with some of the unusual swings in the money markets.. I believe that is where the best gains are this year.

For Example: I'm looking at what the NZD has done this week... climb in the X-Rates irrespective of the government's bailout of 2 large corps and the huge bill here for the earthquake. - A very small economy - 4mil people here.  So these 3 events have a huge effect on our economy, yet the NZD has become a solid currency to speculate with... As with the Dow.. our NZX is up also... Very strange days.. but don't be too conservative in your planning as this is an interesting period where many of the conventional vehicles have become redundant and another reason why gold demand is pressed... My Current Approach is: Identify and Look (very closely) at what potentially is likely to fill the gaps in the longer term!

Good Luck... cash may be king!

4. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

I've already learned this lesson from my fellow hubber Brie Hoffman.All the best to gold investors!

5. ForeclosureDJens profile image60
    ForeclosureDJensposted 13 years ago

I think it is! The American dollar is unfortunately getting weaker, with more countries considering not even accepting it (many of them recently decided NOT to). Right now the US Dollar is the standard across the world, but with out economy in a decline and unstable currency many foreign countries are lobbying for other currencies to become the standard.

It's a well known fact that when the dollar is unstable gold is where everyone puts their money. I don't think that will change for quite some time!

6. Csjun89 profile image59
    Csjun89posted 13 years ago

I still thing gold will hold strong, but I think physical form will be the vehicle that will outlast!

7. LensMan999 profile image58
    LensMan999posted 12 years ago

Try the Gold ETF investments .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)