jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Ads on school buses

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Are you prepared to send your kid to school in a bus advertising Little Ceasars pizza? You may not have a choice.

Read more about how advertisers target kids

As school districts face budget cuts, cash-strapped boards are finding opportunities in unlikely places.

In several Texas school districts, buses, scoreboards and even school board websites are being considered billboard potential.
    http://shine.yahoo.com/event/backtoscho … a-2516053/
    this is an idea that's been bated around a lot in recent years...i don't have a problem with it as long as the ads are pg-13 .
    it 's no worse that watching v and the ads..the sponsors will pay
    for the spots and the added money will help..

and other districts are charging parents a monthly fee for bus service since the budgets didn't pass..
    maybe they should go back to walking..roll

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image82
      LeslieAdrienneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about ads on school buses... We all know that the biggest bucks will dictate which ads go on which buses... It could be another bureaucratic mess.

Walking, riding bikes, car-pooling among stay a home moms, and riding the city bus might be alternatives that are purer.

2. Deborah-Diane profile image86
    Deborah-Dianeposted 5 years ago

I would actually be happy to have ads on school buses.  When one of my daughters called to find out about her kids riding the bus to school, she was told it would cost her $500 per child per school year!!!  If ads on school buses would eliminate this outragious fee, it would be fine by me!

1. ocbill profile image75
      ocbillposted 5 years ago

That's just wrong. An educational institution for kids under 18 should not be looking to advertising on a city paid bus. Why call attention to buses that transport your child? I surely wouldn't want any John Doe (or John molester) observing signs where my kid or yours goes to school. I understand it occurs on paid MTA buses but a yellow school bus? Is the inside or outside? and PG-13 nowadays is not like PG ratings from the 80s.   I know get over it and get with the times. I am far from conservative but there are boundaries. interior of school bus, hmmm OK but ads should be approved by parents at PTA meetings.