jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What happen if Cant pay the House in full Anymore?

1. 60
    enricoenriquezposted 5 years ago

I wish some1 could help me find me answers to my questions cuz I'm having trouble with my  8 years Contract condominium.  I only have a year to pay the house in full and its all mine. But unfortunately I lost my job and I wont be able to pay monthly dues with my house(now I'm 3mts late). What happen if i wont be able to pay the house anymore and did not finished the contract? What will happen with the money i already gave the Co. for 7 years?

Thanks for any advice!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation Enricoenriques.I live in the UK so what is relevant here is obviously not relevant in your country. Perhaps you could try surfing the internet for some free advice sites where you may be able to obtain some information about how you stand legally. Other than that I do not know what to suggest but I'm sure another hubber will be along soon enough to offer you some good advice. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

1. 60
        enricoenriquezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

no problem Hollie..smile it was nice of you to reply me back even if you couldn't help me ... yeah maybe I'll search in the google for more advice... Thanks very much!

2. 0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Worst case scenario. It will be repossessed, sold at auction; and after all of your creditors with a vested interest in the property have been paid in full, the balance is yours.

Best case; call them. Talk to them. Explain your situation and they will recommend programs that can help you retain your home. They'll screw up your credit, but you'll have a roof over your head.

1. 60
        enricoenriquezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh my...... all the money i have invested them for 7 years will all go in to waste!!!!????
        your right , maybe ill try calling them and see what could the best recommendation they could give me...
        Thanks a lot for the advise Emile:)

2. jcmayer777 profile image80
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

I remember reading that something like 70% (or some crazy-high number like that) of all foreclosures could be avoided by simply communicating with the lender at the onset of financial troubles.  If you're 3 months late, it's not the onset, but it's still relatively early.

COMMUNICATE.  The lender might be able to offer you some form of temporary forbearance, reduced payments, etc.

3. Jlava73 profile image60
    Jlava73posted 5 years ago

You don't say where you live so it is hard to give specific answers. Who do you owe the money to a bank? Will they work with you and allow you to defer payments until you can get a new job? Is it possible for you to borrow the money from a friend or relative to get current? Can you sell the property for a profit? With only a year left of payments I would say don't give up - do whatever you need to catch up and make that last year of payments, even if you have to sell some personal items to make it happen. Don't give up at the last leg of the race.
    Good Luck!