jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

how to invest profitably

1. thecollecktor profile image72
    thecollecktorposted 4 years ago

There are many investment opportunities and yet finding ways to be profitable is not easy.   What works for one person may not work for others.   How do you best use the money you have to build wealth over time.    When money is in short supply it is even more difficult.  Not impossible.

1. nicregi profile image66
      nicregiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For me, investing there are fast and slow way. Fast way is always dangerous and worth if you are really sure of the risk. High chance of lost here. There are slow way which like bank investments and that, is worth it when you want to be on the safe side.

2. Julester profile image12
    Julesterposted 4 years ago

I always go for tax free investments when available. For Brits, that'll be ISAs (cash only for low risk), premium bonds, and govenment savings bonds when available.

3. pinoy101 profile image60
    pinoy101posted 4 years ago

Try to study about mutual funds, stocks and other paper assets. Investing in a mutual fund is a good start because it has lower risks.

4. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

although they are illegal in some places, a properly run brothel can do wonders for one's income flow. One has to manage expenses carefully however, and make sure you don't screw the profits, so to speak.

Other than that, in the early 80s, i purchased 1000 cans of SPAM and put them in my basement.  As the world wide economic crash approaches, I am confident that I will be able to resell this inventory at a profit.

5. marketHEIST profile image61
    marketHEISTposted 4 years ago

you can't do it blindly.  have a strategy where you figured out the:

- risk vs. reward (i.e. is it worth your time and/or money?)
    - plan to buy or invest (at what price or when?)
    - selling Plan A (how much are you willing to lose? 50%? 100%? what signals from a company would cause you to worry?)
    - selling Plan B (will you take profits? if so, when and how?)

This should be applied to any investment and even personal financial decisions such as school loans, etc.

Investors have a lot more control in how much risk they take than they realize.  That's what separates the pros from the amateurs - taking risk control in their own hands rather than held hostage by their investments.