jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Comment - America is Hurting

1. ALL4JESUS profile image85
    ALL4JESUSposted 4 years ago

I just picked up my messages. I need your prayers to help those who are facing homelessness. Here is the comment that came in - please pray for "Cindy".

"I am so scared , I need a place to live I going to be living on the street for christmas."

I write this with tears in my eyes, she read one of my hubs seeking consolation. I feel so helpless. We have a neighbor who has started to share some of the same feelings for her and her three children.

I remember when I was small, I was raised by my Grandparents and one year during the winter, I just prayed and prayed for a spot to live - just a 2 foot area to call my own. Not having a stable family, not having a home is the worst feeling in the world. I know, I remember, that was over 45 years ago but the emotions still sting.

Please pray for all the Cindys in the world - here in America and globally.

2. Prettyemofarie profile image61
    Prettyemofarieposted 4 years ago

This is like my latest hub, where I state that All i want for Christmas is Hope. Hope that my family will stay off the streets. Also, All I am giving for Christmas this year is hope. On my list is Cindy, I'll send her some Hope

3. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

On the Brian Williams show, he detailed that one of the countries defined freedom as options. Hope is an option. Job possibilities are hope and offer tremendous options.

You are right - hope is the greatest present.

We used to define freedom as speech but it it really a simple statement as hope. Very well summarized.

I hope for more global stability and hope in every nation on earth.

4. Cassie Smith profile image76
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

Well I'll certainly send a prayer.  There are so many struggling this time of year.

5. SoManyPaths profile image60
    SoManyPathsposted 4 years ago

Soros now predicts a global civil unrest with the US population. Occupy is for real. Politicians and Corps only look out for themselves so now all the common people, ( you know then, Tom, Dick, Jane etc) are getting involved