I'm interested to know if you've ever left a stable income in pursuit of something you've wanted to do. What was the hardest part? Was it rewarding?
Only if you have a back up plan. I left my job which made good money and I enjoyed to be a stay at home mom. This was/is my dream. however I did not do it until we were financially capable, had savings, and I knew my husband would be capable of handling the work load. I wouldn't change a thing! The only thing that was hard was getting use to a 1 income home.
My dream was simply to be free.
I wanted to be free of:
* restricted holiday allowances that had to be arranged in advance
* diverse self-important t__ts breathing down my neck all the time, telling me how I should work, when I should work, and what I should wear while working
* the expectation that I would take responsibility for the work of incompetents, whom I was supposed to "manage"
I left at the start of 2004 and started working as a freelance under my own company
I have never looked back. Now I can:
* take time off work when I choose to do so, even at an hour's notice
* work the hours I want, in a dressing gown if I want to
* pick and choose my clients, dropping those who choose not to treat me as a human being
* stand or fall on the quality of my work alone; at the moment I am standing very tall.
Yes, I gave up a fixed salary and fixed pension contribution. I suppose the hardest part was dealing with my ingrained financial insecurity.
I have gained infinitely more in return, the most important being that I am not answerable to anybody except myself.
I would never, ever go back to the old way of life of being a wage slave.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.