jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Thrift stores

1. bankscottage profile image92
    bankscottageposted 4 years ago via iphone

Do you shop at a thrift store on vacation?  Just like to browse for hidden treasures?  Or use them for something you forgot like a coat for an unexpected cold day or something like some hiking gear that you couldn't pack?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image95
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never hit a thrift store while on vacation but there is one in my home town that I visit fairly regularly. I generally look for books, CDs and movie DVDs.

1. bankscottage profile image92
        bankscottageposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't have thought about doing it on vacation, but I saw an article in a newspaper how tourists frequented the local thrift stores when they were in town.  One reason was because they had forgot something and didn't want to buy new.  Another was the items were different than they had back home.

2. RichardPac profile image86
      RichardPacposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I generally shop at thrift shops when I'm looking for items I can do without.. I have a "wish list" on my phone of things that I would like to have but can obviously live without. I'm also notorious for finding things at walmart or other stores and adding things to my list that i don't want to pay full price for.

3. Ramsa1 profile image71
      Ramsa1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't shop at thrift stores while on vacation but I do so regularly.

2. janesix profile image72
    janesixposted 4 years ago

If i could afford a vacation, i probably wouldnt have to shop at thrift stores.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I think that if I could locate a thrift store, I would love to visit it and see what kinds of treasures I could find from the area.  However, generally speaking, the thrift stores are not in the touristy areas, and I would have to make a special search for them.  Since I have too many allergies to really collect antiques and the like, I don't search for them.