jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (34 posts)

What is your personal definition of success?

1. Super Lux profile image60
    Super Luxposted 4 years ago

Most people associate success with fat pay checks, luxury cars,huge mansions and signature clothes. But there are a few who says success is not just about material things.  it's doing what you love, regardless of the pay.  what do you think real success is?

1. Paige Ronchetti profile image60
      Paige Ronchettiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a great question. I used to make decent money at my old day job, but I was miserable. Money only gets you so much, and it doesn't matter how fancy your car is when you just aren't happy.

I make less money now being self-employed, but I'm in a much better place emotionally. Enjoying what I do is more important to me than making bank.

Super Luxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

in that case Paige Ronchetti, I'm jealous of you.  haha. I'm just gonna finish this contract and I'm staying home! i need my time for myself back! oh gaaad please let the end of this contract come already.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Every year I lower my standards. These days my definition of success is just having food and shelter.

simple living. yeah life's already complex let's not complicate it more.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89

Life is just dealing with one problem after another. It never ends. I miss being happy.

2. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

Success is doing what you love and being able to make a living at it.

i hope adsense will approve me soon then ^-^

3. ylime120 profile image62
    ylime120posted 4 years ago

Success (physically) is being able to do what you love without risking your safety or financial standing. Mentally or emotionally it is feeling like you've made a difference in someones life while enjoying what you do. Or so I've come to believe.

that's a beautiful belief ylime120

4. Elderberry Arts profile image96
    Elderberry Artsposted 4 years ago

Happiness, the feeling that I have made a difference/helped someone or something in someway and staying true to myself and my beliefs

i guess you cant really say you're successful if you're not happy in the first place then. thanks elderberry arts

5. Neil A Ellis profile image60
    Neil A Ellisposted 4 years ago

I was recently asked what my greatest success is. I said then and would still say today that it is my family. That we enjoy one another's company, love each other and support each other. I can have the worst day of my life professionally, but I still get to come home to a place full of love. Better, they are only concerned that may day get better from the time I get home onwards.

you're so blessed with a beautiful family Neil A Ellis

6. SincerelyT profile image60
    SincerelyTposted 4 years ago

Success to me is FREEDOM.

awww i wish i'd be free soon.

7. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 4 years ago

I believe that in life there is but one success  . .and that is to be able to spend your day in your own way

that's a beautiful belief smile

8. p10kabhijita profile image79
    p10kabhijitaposted 4 years ago

For me success is that moment when I punch the air or smile to myself in joy or treat myself with the good things in life smile

ah, such a beautiful life. success is free then. smile

1. p10kabhijita profile image79
        p10kabhijitaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not really..such moments come after pushing yourself to the limits and achieving what you set out for smile . It costs a lot of effort

9. lj gonya profile image61
    lj gonyaposted 4 years ago

Happiness. Going to bed every night feeling secure, getting up every morning looking forward to the day instead of dreading what it might hold, and not regretting missing out on anything. Being satisfied with what you have, never obsessing over what you don't have, and being the kind of person who takes time to appreciate family, friends, and the world around you.

applause! nice one lj gonya smile

10. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

Success is achieving what you really want. What I really want is detachment from things and persons and being contented thereby.

that's a unique definition Haunty. but i like the idea. that really is hard to achieve so being able to do so is really something.

11. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

My personal definition of sucess is what I feel I have made of my life.  I have my own business doing something I enjoy, I've raised two beautiful daughters, I have many good friends, I've survived cancer, and I live my life on my own terms and not by anybody else's definition of sucess.  I never worry if anyone else approves or disapproves of the things I do as long as they feel right for me.

that's the kind of life everyone should try to achieve. way to go Disturbia smile

12. denism profile image72
    denismposted 4 years ago

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

My personal best description of success

1. grizelda profile image61
      grizeldaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Success for me is being happy with what  we are doing. It doesn't matter how material or monetary value we've acquired, as long we enjoy doing it. It is able to do what you wanted to do in life.

2. Super Lux profile image60

correct grizelda, money can't buy you success.

13. 0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

Success to me personally is maintaining good health,(physical,mental & spiritual)- not being in-debt, enjoying something in each and everyday, establishing a good love relationship that may help you grow as a person,being happy in your work,and keeping a moderate amount of everything that is necessary to fulfill a safe existence.

that's beautiful Deb Welch smile

14. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Living a life full of laughter, happiness and love.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89

Hear! Hear! smile

working