Sperm Donation: Make $800 a month as a sperm donor
Interested in sperm donation?
If you want to be a sperm donor, the first thing you should realize is that the odds are against you. Only 5% of applicants are ever accepted.
If you are accepted you probably won't make that much money either. Since it's quite easy for men to produce a sample of sperm, you're not going to be paid anywhere near as much as women are for eggs.
Still interested? Then read on to find out if you have what it takes.
What are the requirements for sperm donation?
The rules aren't the same for every sperm bank, but they tend to be similar. Again, since it's so easy to be a sperm donor most banks know that they can be very selective.
The general requirements are:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 39
- Be at least 5'7" (and generally the height requirement is higher)
- Be college educated (or working toward a degree)
- Be a non-smoker
- Have a good family health history (and since knowing your history is important, this means you can't be adopted)
- No genetic diseases
- No history of mental illness (including your family)
How much money can you make with sperm donation?
The amount of money you can make if you're accepted as a sperm donor varies greatly.
Many sperm banks will require you to make a specific time commitment. Here is one scenario that is common for the sperm donation process:
- The sperm donor commits for to make two visits per week for six months to a year
- The sperm donor is paid $100 for each sample that meets the quality standards
- Six months after the donation period, the sperm donor is paid $500 to complete an exit blood screening
Have you been a sperm donor and want to share your experiences? Do you want to know more about sperm donation? Feel free to ask below in the comments. Thanks!
Comments 331 comments
More by this Author
Make an informed decision about whether or not you want to donate your eggs for money. Donating eggs can make you a lot of money—$7000, but is it worth it?
Learn more about plasma donation here. I've been donating plasma for money for years and this is what I know.