5 Ways to Recycle Old Bras
Why recycle your old bras?
Recycling your old bras is not only good for the environment, but it also allows you to learn new and creative ways to turn something old into something new again. Reusing your old bras allows for them to evade the landfills that all of our trash goes to, allowing the earth more space to breath and in turn, helping the inhabitants of earth. By doing this, you're not only helping yourself, but you are also helping the earth and the countless others that live on the earth with you.
There are many ways to recycle your old bras. Here, I have listed 5 simple ways to bring new life into your old bra. Most of these are craft related projects. However, even if you're not a very crafty person, most of these are so simple to make anyone can do them.
Daniella Lopez' Other Articles on Recycling
- 5 Ways to Recycle Old Magazines
5 simple ways on how to recycle your old magazines to make cute crafting items or useful household products.
5 Simple Ways...
- Bra Purse: Do you love cute little purses? Then you'll love this idea! Turn your old bra into an adorable purse! These are great for if all you want to take is a little cash and perhaps your cell phone, because these purses can't hold many items. These are also a great way to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. Do note, the bigger the bra, the bigger your purse is going to be.
- Bra Art: One very hot and creative way to recycle your old bra is to turn it into wall art! This should really only be reserved for your cute and sexy bras. Simply find a pop-out photo frame and mount your old bra inside of it. You can mount it with pins or heavy duty glue. This look goes great for anyone trying to go for a more vintage theme within the room they hang this in.
- Herb Pouch: Herb pouches are very popular amongst Pagans and people who are simply into herbalism for alternative healing. To make an herb pouch out of an old bra, make it in a similar fashion that you would with the purse. The only difference will be that you will need to attach a zipper or clasp to keep the herbs sealed shut within the pouch. Once you have your pouch made, stuff it with herbs of your choice and keep it under your pillow or hanging over you as you sleep for better healing. These also make great gifts!
- Homemade Lingerie: Do you have a sexy bra that you no longer have the matching panties for? Or perhaps it is a little snug but you still love it? Turn it into a sexy camisole! The best way to do this is to cut the band and resew your own band attached to the material that you'll be using for the flowing part of the camisole. This project might be a little bit more complicated than the others, but if you're willing to try, it'll make for a very sexy piece of lingerie.
- Donate: If your bra is still in decent condition and simply doesn't fit or you just don't like it anymore, consider donating to a place like the Salvation Army. This way, your old bra will not only be avoiding the landfills, but it will also go to someone who really needs it.
Sewing Supplies to Help You Make a Bra Purse, Herb Pouch, or Lingerie
More by this Author
Suffering with chronic back pain and want to find ways to naturally treat it? Why not exercise! This articles covers the best, and the worst, exercises for herniated disc pain.
A hub about Degenerative Disc Disease and the affect it has on it's victims.
Does your baby have a diaper rash, but you don't want to use over-the-counter creams to treat it? This article covers a list of natural ways and products you can do and use to treat your baby's rash.