Arab Dubai Firm Feeds U.S. Military in Afghanistan
Anham, based in Dubai, will be supplying all of the food to US military personnel in Afghanistan after a billing dispute with Supreme, based in Netherlands. The contract is worth $10 billion. Feeding an army away from has never been easy and it is always costly, to wit:
- To feed 100,000 troops costs $150 million a month
- Each week, 23 million pounds of food, water and produce is delivered
- In Afghanistan, the Dubai firm will have to deliver to 250 locations
- Dubai will need at least 34 helicopters and winged aircraft to deliver with
- Dubai will have to have 14 747 jet flights per week to deliver fruit and vegetables
Since 2005, the U.S. has spent $7 billion on food logistics and delivery under Supreme. Auditors found that the US had overpaid Supreme by $750 million and started to reduce payments. The Dubai firm, Anham, can do it, but it will cost much more.
More by this Author
The debate and divide continues after the election of President Trump.
Many think so in America. It depends on whom you talk to. However, there is some legitimacy to this.
Join this long list of consumer problems and complaints about this car. Most o the problems are on models pre-2009. Many sad stories.
No comments yet.