By: Wayne Brown
America is a melting pot of not only ethnics, race, and cultures but also of ideas, attitudes, and perspectives. But I think we all share a common ground in that we are all constantly searching for answers to our questions in life. I started thinking about mine last night and decided that it was best that I shared them here and, in doing so, gave myself the best opportunity to gain an answer to some of these haunting questions that gnaw and linger.
- Where did Reverend Jessie Jackson get ordained and what church does he serve?
- If the southern border of Arizona cannot be secured now, how will it be secured if we vote for “comprehensive immigration reform?
- How can the U S government throw away so much money on the financing of absolutely absurd home mortgages in the name of “growing the housing industry while giving everyone the opportunity to own a home” and then turn around and talk seriously about taking away the tax deduction for my home mortgage interest?
- If we are going to go to the expense of putting signs up in southern Arizona, then how come they don’t read: WARNING: We Shoot To Kill! And, how come they are not facing south?
- What’s black and brown and looks good on a drug smuggler crossing the Arizona border? (I think it is a Doberman!)
- Why is employer enforcement of the hiring of illegal immigrants down 74% under Obama?
- Why is it that the government is the answer to everything and the solution to nothing?
- If you are doing everything humanly possible in cleaning up this oil spill then why have you not asked for and accepted help?
- If Nancy Pelosi believes unemployment is such an important economic stimulus, why has she not tried it personally?
- Why don’t you have to produce your birth certificate before you can be elected President?
- Why is Congress exempt from every program that they claim is beneficial for the American public?
- If government spending is an excellent form of economic stimulus then why are tax reductions not even better for the economy?
- Why can Bill Clinton laud Robert Byrd for his service in the Klan as just a “good old boy” trying to get elected when Trent Lott can’t make a joking reference to Jesse Helms without losing his job?
- If Michelle Obama was “proud of this country” for the first time after it elected her husband as President, can you imagine how she must feel now that he has served?
- How much does the likes of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi costs the taxpayers each year? Is that an economic stimulus for it must be a large number?
- If reading, writing, and arithmetic are outdated concepts in our schools, why are they not outmoded in our daily lives?
- If I am forced to give you half of everything I produce, how long do you think it will take for me to figure out that you get less if I produce less?
- Why is it the same group who openly rejects any war, violence, or blood shed are the first to criticize the inadequacy of our military when events like 9/11 occur?
- Was Al Franken such a lousy comedian that he had to enter politics to get a laugh?
- Why is it that we still have people who believe we could have “talked” Hitler out of his actions in WWII?
- Why is the government the “best choice” to oversee and administer healthcare?
- Why is Harry Reid’s son not even using his own last name in his election bid?
- Is the $2700 a flight hour to operate Pelosi’s 757 aircraft considered a stimulus?
- Is $19,000 a month in rent for Pelosi’s San Francisco office a stimulus?
I could go on with this but I think the point is made. We all have questions and we get fewer and fewer truthful answers and more and more lies. In fact, the lies are so poor they are reaching the point of being absurdly insulting. Could it be that too many of our elected officials believe the masses are incredibly stupid?
Dr. Adrian Rogers (deceased), a former pastor and head of the Southern Baptist Convention, made the following remarks in 1984 as part of his sermon entitled, “God’s Way to Health, Wealth and Wisdom”. “You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.”
Dr. Rogers was a very wise and perceptive man of God. At the same time, for all he said in this previous statement, he missed the point that the promise of something received free without any effort or work now seems to always be easily available just by the simple act of casting our vote for the right people. If one is looking for stupidity in the masses, then you only need find those who believe in this logic. Sadly, there are many who do subscribe to it and there are far too many cold-blooded politicians in our midst willing to take this approach to keep themselves and their party in power.
Politicians have taken the silver out of our money. They have removed the gold standard. They have taken prayer from the classroom and are working feverishly to remove any references to God from our currency. They tell us it is all done for our betterment as a country and a “politically correct” people. How long will it be before the Constitution itself is altered to eliminate any Christian references in the name of political correctness. If you believe for one single minute that political correctness is of the slightest concern in these insidious acts, then God help you, and we can only pray that your naïve beliefs protect you in the future.
True Americans need to start asking some tough questions and expecting some real answers otherwise we have factions in place at the moment more than willing to lead this country to the slaughter. When we are all hoeing weeds on the communal farm, we will look back on these “salad days of democracy” and wonder why we did not demand answers, why we did not demand our politicians respect the Constitution, The Rule of Law, and our heritage as a Christian nation founded in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Those who choose to join in and be a part of that direction are welcome. Those who do not can leave. That’s about as “politically correct” as I can state it.
© Copyright WBrown2010. All Rights Reserved.
More by this Author
For four decades, the Boeing 727 was the workhorse of the airline industry. This article reviews the history of that wonderful airplane.
A Retelling Of The Texas Tower Mass Killing On The 45th Anniversary Of The Tragedy
A Recap of the Crime of Kidnapping and Murder of a 17 yr. old Mississippi Girl, Shondra May...A Case Still Unsolved.