Balkan in EU?
The "Eternal Question"
- Will Western Balkans country be in the EU? Do they need the EU membership, when EU is in deep crisis? Can, in this moment, some countries put their demands in front of the EU? Do they need EU or EU needs them? The Enlargement Package 2012, filled with reports of EU Commission regarding Western Balkan countries Euro-integrations, gave Serbia nothing but recommendations to follow and fulfill the demands of the EU in order to become an EU member. Mean while, Croatia got the date of EU assessment, the date when Croatia will become the 28th country of Europe. Fair? Double standards? Let's see...
Democracy or a step-back?
- After elections made in March this year, Serbia went into the new era. After 12 years of the Government made by "Democrats", some huge changes came on to scene. The "Srpska Napredna Partija" or "Serbian Advanced Party" with it's president candidate won the elections on presidential level as well as on the Parliament. Local authorities also changed their positions for 180 degrees.
- Tomislav Nikolic, the current president of Serbia, himself didn't even dream about being the president. Boris Tadic, his democrat opponent from "Democrat Party" has been defeated by about 2%. After two, full mandates, the Boris Tadic's Government fall. The new Serbian politic party, made just about two years ago by separation of "Serbian Radical Party" on head with Vojislav Seselj who's currently in Hague - accused for some of the worse war crimes in ex Yugoslavia - won the elections on all levels. That was the will of people. So the question remains, has Serbia lifted the democracy level on higher level or people of Serbia forgot some things from the past?
With elections held on the March of this year, Serbia madeSee results without voting
LEADERS OF DEMOCRATS
Negative sides were:
- 24 very suspicious privatizations of public companies, such as Mobtel, Agrobanka, etc...
- Increase of unemployment
- More and more people that ask for "false asylum".
- The worse health-care in Europe
- Negotiation with Pristine was going in wrong side
- Negotiations with Kosovo got into good direction, then stopped.
- Serbia got "yellow card" from EU Commission for false asylum requests in Germany, France, Austria, Sweden...
- Mr. Boris Tadic was everything, Minister of External Affairs, Minister of Internal Affairs, The medium for negotiations with Kosovo...
- Not implementing the dealt agreement with Kosovo side, except the " * " on the name of Kosovo, what has been wrong interpreted by Serbian representatives.
CANDIDATE STATUS AND VISA-FREE
- Cleaning of barricades on the border with Kosovo*, and agreement with Romania minority in the eastern part of Serbia were the demands for the "candidate status".
- As Serbia was doing good, Minister of Police - Ivica Dacic got the DEA award for the best man in his area of work. Another award got the same man, the "most EU man" :) EU saw that Serbia has the strong law enforcement such as high skill police, high skill special ops, and best anti-terrorist units that are now in Iraq, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, and Rwanda.
- Serbia got visa-free regime for Schengen Zone. 90 days without visa, is now allowed for all Serbian citizens with new biometric passports.
- At least, the last "positive" move with huge impact was the move in the March of 2012. Serbia finally got the "CANDIDATE FOR EU" status, as well as Croatia the date of joining the EU in March of 2013.
These were all the positive and word-wide, EU applied moves of Government of Boris Tadic Government.
Quick look back: Boris Tadic
- Man with a good biography. Professor of Law on the Law University in Belgrade, before he got hugely involved in politics.
- Boris wasn't a guy who's name could be heard during Zoran Djindjic, as a prime-minister, Government. Zoran Djindjic was a founder of Democrat Party in Serbia, and he is the "legend", and the only "man with the vision" for Serbia that was assassinated in 2002.
-Many believe that his role in getting Milosevic regime off, on the 5th October revolution, was crucial but lethal in same time. The police, as well as the army was on the streets that day. He was negotiating with "Legija", Milorad Ulemek, who's now accused for assassination of Mr. Djindjic and organized crime... as well as for the Red Barret's mutiny. Zoran have had to negotiate with "Legija", Mr. Milorad Ulemek, because he was the one that was responsible for the "order" in the city and country in that time. He was getting the orders directly from Milosevic. So, after seeing what's happening, and after hearing that Milosevic is about to get battle tanks and real ammunition in use - he met with "Legija" and negotiated the agreement of getting the Police Force, Special Forces, and Army - OFF. That meant - Milosevic regime is down. After a while, in 2001 - Zoran Djindjic stated a major fight against organized crime and mafia. He was "seen" with his fellow partner Mr. Jovanovic the leader of Liberal Democrat Party today, in the mansion of the "Legija", just few months before assassination. The fight against organized crime and mafia cost him life. He had to start the action against those people, like Ulemek himself, and when he started it - Mr. Ulemek - "Legija" - saw that as an direct threat to his organization - well known as the leader of "Zemun Clan".
- After assassination of prime-minister, the huge actions were made and literally all members of "The Clan" were arrested. The assassination is related, after investigation, to the members of the Government. BIA investigation showed that even the name of Mr.Covic is on the transcription and Nebojsa was(is) the first suspected for the order to assassination of Dr. Zoran Djindjic. Someone had to continue where Djindjic stopped.
- Boris Tadic become as one of the leaders of Democrat Party in 2002. The Vojislav Kostunica's Government was ruling then. Kostunica's Government signed the SAP agreement - at the end of his mandate. Today, Vojislav Kostunica runs its own pary "Serbian Democrat Party" - that is strongly against EU integrations, and turning Serbia's eternal policy toward "mother Russia". Also, the man that was side by side with Mr. Zoran Djindjic and Boris Tadic, Mr. Vojislav Kostunica, suddenly after being defeated on the elections 2004 - separated from Democrat Party (DS) and starts, as mentioned his own party. The real face of his policy was shown. The SAP agreement with EU was just an political move, that he thought that will give him a secure win. But the opposite happened, as people saw that Serbia's EU integrations after 2002 significantly slowed down!
- From 2004, when Boris Tadic became the major face on politic scene - DS were promising that they will continue where Zoran Djindjic stopped as they claim that "they are the " the only, real party that continues the politic of Mr.Dr.Zoran Djindjic... After short time, maybe the best friend of Zoran Djindjic - Cedomir Jovanovic - separated also from DS and started his own LDP - Liberal Democrat Party, that was offering something new to the Serbia strongly claiming that DS is "sitting on two chairs" - with their politic of "Kosovo and EU", and claiming that they are the real and only party that has force and energy to struggle and radically perform the reform in several sectors of country and enter into EU as faster as it can.
- Boris Tadic continued his politic and his majority in Parliament, adopting EU regulations, laws and new constitution.
- Under Boris Tadic's Government, Serbia adopted the "resolution about Srebrenica" where Republic of Serbia along with people of Serbia admit that they commit the crime in Srebrenica, alluding on the genocide made during civil war in Yugoslavia (90's). This move, this resolution, came as a good signal from Belgrade to EU, as at the time - EU was "accusing" Belgrade for the "lack of cooperation" with International War Court in Hague for ex-Yugoslavian civil-war.
- Pressure from EU started to be unsustainable. So, first - arrest of General Sljivancanin accused and wanted by Hague was the strong signal that EU isn't right when telling that Tadic don't want to cooperate and that "Government is hiding the accuesed ones".
- In the second mandate, after huge pressure of EU and Hague to cooperate, Minister of Police Ivica Dacic, from Serbian Socialist Party, arrested first Goran Hadzic - which was a huge, major positive impact to the Serbian EU integration, and the EU Commission recommendation that was in state of writing at the moment.
- After couple of months, the "national hero", Mr. Ratko Mladic - the most wanted accused in International Hague - has been arrested. This, was a "finishing step" at the cooperation process with ICY in Hague. This was the crucial decision for EU Commission's recommendation for giving Serbia a status of candidate country for EU.
NEGATIVES: 100 days
- HIGH INFLATION
- SUDDEN CURRENCY FLOW (from High to Low)- IMF gone, but they say that "second mission will come"
- HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT (50% among youth)
- MIGRATIONS PROBLEMS
- QUESTIONABLE INDEPENDENCE OF NATIONAL BANK
NEW GOVERNMENT: 100 days after
After 100 days of new Government, we are on the "unknown" route. People of Serbia aren't sure where the country is going. Whether pro-Russian oriented or pro-EU. Until now, Government showed pro-EU integrations, and full dedication to it which impressed today (30.X 2012) Jelko Kacin, by his words.
- Serbia, when Tomislav Nikolic was elected, got a president that has been marked as a nationalist from the spokesman's of EU. Why? Tomislav Nikolic, Mr. President, was side-by-side with Vojislav Seselj, his ex-chief, and Slobodan Milosevic with whom he was in Government with. After separation from "Serbian Radical Party", he founded new "Serbian Advanced Party" with him on the head of it. He promised that, if he get chosen from the people in the elections on March - that he will quit from his position as politican and get "the president of people, not political party" - as he says.
- Until now, he is doing exactly that - with obvious affinity to SAP (Serbian Advanced Party). SAP is now the leading party in Government too, making the coalition with SPS (Socialist Party of Serbia) that was the coalition partner with DS and Boris Tadic just a few months ago.
- Serbia has a fairly stable Government, and laws, standards of EU are rapidly being adopted, so the progress of, the continuation of, EU integration as promised is obvious too.
- Serbia had some hard time while getting the majority in Parliament. They needed 3 months to gather and organize Government fully. What they got in the budget of Serbia is "nothing" - by the words of the Ministry of Economy, Mr. Dinkic. The inflation reached 10% in September this year, and Serbian Dinar haven't been lower in it's modern history since 2000 towards.
- The "peak" of inflation is prognosed to be the 12% in March 2013, but the first signs of new government will be seen after new year - by the promise of their. Until now, nothing "good" has been seen. Very unpleasant feeling of being rejected from EU - that stated that they "might" decline the visa-free regime for Serbia and other countries.
- Serbia reacted, and visa-free regime continued. Prime-minister Dacic, ensured representatives of EU that Serbia is "ready to pay for all organization outcomes of those who are need to be deported". But that wasn't acceptable. EU wants an rigors measures of Serbia, and to make an special agency that will follow the most "targeted" groups: roma's, economically badly hit civilians caused by bad life standard in country. EU demands social reforms that will gain the trust in "better life" - in Serbia.
- Minister of Health, Ms. Slavica Djukic-Dejanovic - adopted a new regulation for medications and private pharmacies, that will give private pharmacies the same status as the national ones. The prescriptions from MD's of primary state health-care, for medications, should be used in private pharmacies from new year - 2013. Additionally, the price of medications, and debt of country toward pharmaco-industry will be secured by 45 days period to "cover" the debt made by National Fond of Health Insurance.
More by this Author
WATCH THE VIDEO and READ how to IMPROVE YOUR WINDOWS 7 ! Only original pictures, and video displayed! Registered Trade Mark names are ownership, as well as their logos used, of their respective owners
No comments yet.