Best True Crime Movies
The True Horror of Real Life Crime
I generally prefer to watch supernatural horror. Why? Because thrillers come to close to home. When a supernatural horror film is over, I don't need to think about how that may happen to me some day. But with thrillers there is always that possibility.
Real life thrillers are in some ways worse. Not only can these things happen, but they have happened. Hopefully, they will provide us with real clues to avoid becoming a real life victim.
The study of true life criminals give us another window into the human mind. Each one of us is the result of both nature and nurture. Our DNA may set up our initial characteristics, but it is our environment that molds them into who we are.
List of True Crime Movies
Here is a list of what I believe to be some of the better true crime movies:
- The Stranger Beside Me: TV movie about Ted Bundy, a smart charismatic serial killer. He committed crimes all over the country and even escaped from jail several times to continue his crime spree.
- Small Sacrifices: Movie about Diane Downs, a mother who was willing to sacrifice her children to have a better social life.
- Fatal Vision: This movie was about the Mcdonald case. A physician was accused and convicted of the murder of his wife and daughters. New DNA evidence has suggested that he was probably guilty as charged.
- See No Evil - The Moors Murders: 3 hour movie made in 2006 for TV.
- Zodiac: Story about a killer that was never caught. Based in California, this killer sent cryptic messages to the police during his reign of terror.
- Monster: Story about a female serial killer by the name of Aileen Wuornos. She was a prostitute that began murdering her johns.
- Karla: Although this movie focuses on Karla, it is about a couple who kidnap, enslave, and kill their victims. Karla eventually turned in her husband resulting in a highly controversial conclusion.
- Catch Me If You Can: This is one of my favorite movies due to the fact that it does not involve any violence. It is the story of a master forger and the hunt for him by the FBI. It is somewhat humorous in places.
- Helter Skelter (2004): Not necessarily one of the best crime movies, I like this movie because it gives another view on Charles Manson. There have been a lot of books written on him and his cult family. Charles Manson gives us a glimpse into the mind of someone who could have easily have been another Hitler in a different time and place.
Old Documentary on Charles Manson
More by this Author
Neurotypicals suffer from a mental condition. Symptoms include emotional thinking, ritualistic herd behavior, and the inability to get along with those who think differently.
Quality of life for the homeless population varies from state to state. Here is the best state that I found to be homeless in.
In 2007, I started a computer store with $3000, hard work, determination and a knack with computers. Within a year, I grew from almost nothing to a very successful store. Pictures show my growth.
No comments yet.