Bill Clinton Says Why He is Not Happy With Obamacare and What Obama Needs to Do
Former President Bill Clinton
Did You Vote Poll
Did you vote for President Obama?See results without voting
Magazine OZY Interview with Bill Clinton
Carlos Watson from the magazine, OZY, sat down with former President Bill Clinton in a candid interview about his thoughts on Obamacare. Let's give you a hint: He ain't happy with the current Obamacare disaster (in his own words).
Part 1 of the OZY Interview
In part one of the interview, Bill Clinton shares that he learned a great deal of advice and looked up to Nelson Mandela as a leader. He also learned from the prime minister of Israel - Yitzhak Rabin, and the chancellor of Germany - Helmut Kohl.
Part 2 of the OZY Interview
Bill Clinton Shares the 3 Problems with the Obamacare Situation:
- Obamacare's website problems are similar to President Bush's Medicare drug benefit rollout in 2006. They were both considered disasters, and is optimistic that Obamacare's website failure will be fixed in the same manner that the "Bush Medicare issues" were resolved.
- Governors that have opted out of the healthcare law's Medicaid provision will see some working individuals (between 133 - 400% of the federal poverty level) are able to buy insurance at lower premiums, while working individuals under 133% of the federal poverty level will have no coverage. Bill Clinton says, "For the states that opted out, there's nothing the federal government can do." Bill Clinton believes these states will "flip" and come on board to the Medicaid provision when they see how expensive this is for hospital emergency rooms (citing Michigan and Ohio as states that have since come on board).
- President Obama needs to deliver on his promise when he stated: "If you like what you've got, you can keep it." This would require a change in the healthcare law by President Obama. Bill Clinton goes on to say, "I personally believe, even if it takes a change in the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to these people and let them keep what they got."
Ultimately, Bill Clinton believes the country is better off with the Affordable Care Act than without it.
As a result of this interview, press secretary Jay Carney said in a White House press briefing that President Obama agrees with former President Bill Clinton's assessment of the healthcare law's problems and has given his aides the difficult task of fixing these problems.
Bill Clinton on Obamacare
User comment on Bill Clinton Interview
More Zeke2100 Hubs to Read
- Obamacare Creator Sen. Max Baucus (D) Calls Affordab...
The United States is in a healthcare flux as businesses nervously wait the impact of the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare. Meanwhile, Democrats admit that it's a train wreck.
- Al Gore's Global Warming Hysteria Debunked by NASA C...
Many liberals believe that global warming will turn the Earth into a giant ocean by 2014. Unfortunately, they have bought into Al Gore's (and the BBC's) unsubstantied claims. New science data suggests the exact opposite and that it's over folks.
© 2013 zeke2100
More by this Author
Are you paranoid that you are being spied on? Read the 5 signs that you are being spied on so you can identify a spy from a mile away, or be prepared to live with the consequences.
This hub provides compelling reasons that the American people should not elect Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee in 2016.
Pyramid schemes and MLM scams pop in many different circles around the world. Before long, you will be invited to a presentation, so you can hear how you can become rich! Don't become a victim to these wolves, trying to...