How to Become a Bombshell, or How to Makeover Your Image
Yes, you can be a bombshell.
Anyone woman can be a bombshell. It’s true. You don’t have to blonde. You don’t have to be tall. You don’t have to be thin or have the perfect hour-glass figure. You just have to want it.
I was online looking at my favorite things – wiggle dresses, vintage patterns, and old movie stars like Jayne Mansfield, Lana Turner and Marilyn Monroe – and it hit me! I want to be a bombshell!
Now, that’s a something a girl can get excited about. It’s so much better than 1.) Gosh, I need to lose weight, 2). I should really work out. 3). I should eat healthy. Ugh! Spare me. But, Become a Bombshell, think of all the ancillary and FUN changes that go with it.
So far this is what I have determined one must do to become a Bombshell.
The Bombshell List
1. Find the perfect shade of red lipstick. I found mine after a two year search and many “meh” tubes of red lipstick. It’s Moisture Renew #940 Berry Queen. (I like anything with Queen in the name, except maybe queen size. Blech!
2. Find signature fragrance. (I picked Provocative– I mean it says it right there in the name! Besides the woman walks by in commercials and men turn into puddles of water. Now that’s bombshell power!
3. Only wear clothes that flatter and feel good.
4. You can look good and be comfortable. Comfortable does not mean sloppy!
5. Don’t buy something because it’s affordable and suits your needs; wait until you can buy the good stuff.
6. Don’t save anything for a special occasion. Life is a special occasion. Use the good china. Walk the dog in an evening gown. Live a little!
7. Eat because you are hungry. Pick things that taste good, make you happy and are good for you. Red wine and dark chocolate covered strawberries are packed with antioxidants.
8. Wear silk pajamas
9. Never leave the house without combing your hair and putting on your lipstick.
10. Take your time to do things the best you can. You don’t necessarily have to do them “right.” Sometimes for the best results you need to break the rules.
11. Smile more.
12. Take care of your figure. You don’t have to go nuts and knock yourself out. Just make little changes. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park at the far end of the parking lot. It gives you extra opportunities to practice your bombshell walk. Think Marilyn Monroe in that famous scene of her walking away in Niagara Falls.
13. Wear high heels. I firmly believe that anything that can’t be done in heels is not worth doing. (Yes, I walk the dogs in heels and I have even run a foot race in heels. Yes, I lost but that’s not the point.)
14. Be mysterious. Always, always leave them wanting more.
15. New bras, stockings, garter belts and silk slips are not luxuries; they are necessities.
Confidence is key.
Most importantly, being a bombshell is all about the attitude. Nothing is sexier than a woman who is confident. Squash those little negative voices in your head. Drown them out with good sexy bombshell music, like Adele’s debut album, 21. Dance to Aretha Franklin's RESPECT. Sing along to Helen Reddy’s “I am Woman.” Belt out the words to Meredith Brooks’s anthem for good (bad) girls everywhere, Bitch. That should shut the little negative voice up.
If we stick to the Bombshell list, it should have side effects like weight loss, muscle toning and increased self-esteem.
More by this Author
A look at some of the famous human oddities of the Golden Age of Freak Shows; part one of a three part series examining the phenomen of exhibiting human oddities from 1830-today.
Part III of a 3-part series on Freaks,Human Oddities, SidesShows and Freak Shows, this article looks at the modern day freaks show and they people who make their lives there.
The true story of Olive Oatman, captive white girl in the Old West.