20 Quick Facts About Women Worldwide, Including EmeraldPoetry
Women are a magnificent design! This is a call for all women to stand up, stop beating yourselves up, instead smile on purpose, dance and lets celebrate our unique creation together! Do you know your value? I never thought I would be the kind of women I am today, considering the negative circumstances, family disfunction, and misplaced responsiblities I experienced as child. Honestly, I disliked being a girl, and on the other hand I had little respect for males. It has been a painful and long road to healing. I`m sure some of you reading this can somewhat relate?
Today, each morning I look forward to my day. I even wear lovely floral dresses, which was a discomforting factor years ago as I was more of a tomboy. I`m so blessed to have a handful of amazine and loving girlfriends in my life. You know what it`s like when women get together? it`s the real deal, full of laughter and tears; doing life together!
I`m very grateful to be a woman. We are all precious, imperfect beauties. We are the answer to this broken world! Are you with me?
7 Fun Facts About Women:
My findings have giving me a reality check. Negative facts about the status of women around the world out number the postive. Yet my passion for celebrating womankind didn`t allow me to stop just there. I have dug up a few interesting facts and some fun, which I hope will lighten up your mood as it did for me.
- The two people with the highest recorded IQ`s were both women.
- Women cant refuse to answer a ringing phone, no matter what she is doing.
- Women especially love a bargain - the question of "need" is not relevent.
- In 2007 the world`d richest self-made women was Ms Zang Yin, a chinese paper recycling entrepreneur.
- Women are paid more as a Mechanic, as women are easier to approach and instill more trust in others.
- Women don`t need sex as often as men do. Just knowing that the man wants to have sex with them fulfills the emotional need.
- One of women`s advanced coping system is crying. It has been proven to alleviate stress & improve moods: adult women cry 5.3 times a month, men 1.4 times.
13 Alarming Facts About Women World Wide:
- There are six million more women than men in the world.
- Around 875 million adults in the world are illiterate. Women account for two thirds of them.
- Gender based voilence kills one in three women, being the biggest cause of injury and death to women globally.
- Women earn only 10% of the world income.
- Women are paid 30-40% less than men for comparable work.
- Own only 1% of the worlds property.
- Estimate of 70% of the 1.2 billion people living in poverty are female.
- Women head 83% of single parents families.
- Women make up less than 5% of the worlds heads of state.
- 300 women die everyday due to childbirth and pregnancy related causes.
- If pole dancing will earn 1,000 a night instead of 160hours slogging away in an office, today studies show women will choose pole dancing.
- Still in many parts of the world, to bear children and do house chores is still considered their sole purpose for their existance.
- Number of twins is increasing due to assisted- reproductive therapy or if the women is older than 30.
"Each time we act to improve the life of another person, we send forth a ripple of hope in what appears to be a hopeless society" - Joyce Meyer
Are Women Better off in Todays Society?
Of course women are better off today, right? yet the troubling facts above seem to prove otherwise, despite the progression over the past decades women appear to be a minority, still struggling. Speaking for myself, I personally have freedom, rights, health insurance, ability to work, access to higher education....HEY I`m grateful, I do not take this lightly.
The one thing I have noticed, if not a reality in most societies: women hold the main family responsibitlies and are expected to combine career and family commitments, often putting the needs of the spouse`s career ahead of theirs. I can honestly say this bugs me! As women, we are strong, strategic as a lioness with multi-tasking skills, when they are used in full gear, it`s really amazine the kind of results we are able to achieve! :)
Later this year I will be moving into my new apartment, which happens to have a dish washer. It will be my first! I know, I know they have been around for a very long time now, but I have been washing dishes by hand as far as I can remember. I have found myself complaining from time to time, and of course I have friends who will no doubt sympathize with me. Imagined the disadvantaged women in those poor regions were to hear our whining? So often we are complaining about such petty things whilst many girls and women globally are barely surviving. So, I have learnt to simply shut up.
My message today is for women like myself who have a voice...to stand up together, lend our voices to women who don`t have one, and use our freedom to help others live in freedom :)
Help Support EmeraldPoetry:
Emeraldpoetry is a book project to empower women worldwide through poetry.
- Share this link with your family and friends so they can take part in this inspirational book in the making!
- If you are a writer/poet, help by writing a poem. Emeraldpoetry is accepting pre-written poetry aswell.
- Note: your poem will be credited by name and you retain all rights to your work. For more details please visit our page EmeraldPoetry
- All proceeds from his book will support The Pixel Project.
Some Situations Leave You Hopeless Or Move you to Action:
I have immediate and extended family in different parts of the world. Yearly, I make an effort to travel to Kosovo to visit family. I love the Albanian traditional food, countryside and warm hospitality. I like to go there with a generous attitude, full of faith, ready to share my passion for life, with everyone I encounter.
What they need is money and more employment opportunities! I know that, and coming from a prospers nation like Switzerland, you do all you can. But sadly in most cases, it`s really not possible to financially meet the many needs of the many households. A week later, and I have already witnessed dozens of women mistreated, neglected, including girls been told they should stop "wasting" time in school. I always return home feeling hopeless.
These experiences have stained my heart over the years, causing some stirring within, which has led me to try and make a difference. I have started to develop a non-profit to help serve rural women in Eastern Europe, including my very own funraising project EmeraldPoetry: empowering women through poetry.
Leading Extraordinary Woman: Marrissa Mayer from Google
Leading Extraordinary Woman: Designer Carolina Herrera
Leading Extraordinary Woman: Chef Anne-Sophie Pic
Links Containing Further Facts About Women Worldwide:
More by this Author
Ever since I learnt of the alarming reality of human trafficking and modern-day slavery, I have decided to dedicate my time and write a series of hubs, covering the different forms of exploitation which are going on...
- 17Sunflowers in the Dark: A Poem Regarding Human Trafficking, Including 7 Horrific Facts, and Music4Freedom
Read a poem written by poet & humanitarian Meg Nezaj, focusing on human trafficking; a social epidemic on a global scale.
Life presents us with many, different seasons in our lives! Solomon the wise king who wrote Ecclesiastes teaches us that there is a time and season for everything that needs to be done (Ecclesiastes 3:1- 8) What...