China's Intrusion to Philippine Sovereignty brings WAR Online!!!
I am following the lessons of THREE MONKEYS (See, Hear, Speak no Evil!) for weeks now regarding the disputed territories being claimed by China on the controversial shoals and islets inside the 200 nautical mile-territorial waters of my country, Philippines at the West Philippine Sea, just adjoining the waters of South China Sea.
Chinese war ships always conduct a reconnaissance patrol at the controversial areas for the past years, even before the 9/11 attack in the US homeland. Only during the present administration of President Benigno 'Noynoy' Aquino III, that this bickering put the two nations at the international spotlight.
The escalating demand of mainland China to drive away Filipino warships and residents to the disputed islands alarmed my silence.
For the past weeks, I've been sent with links or shared information from social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) regarding the issue.
It disturbed my silence and I decided to join the wagon of peace-loving Filipinos to bare all the facts that strongly oppose the claim of Chinese government of those pieces of soils (in the form of shoals and islets) that are still part of Philippines' territory.
What the Chinese did to the government websites of the Philippines (Chinese hackers almost destroyed it), retaliated on them as Filipino hackers compromised their government sites to the hilt.
They've been posting nasty remarks on Philippine governance through their own language sites, but hackers were able to translate them and discovered their plans regarding the issue.
Political bickering is not new to us, islanders, least with Chinese government.
They've been claiming those islands (Spratly, Kalayaan to be specific) for ages. At first, they claimed that it's only a resting hub for Chinese fishermen but as the water clears, members of Philippine Marine Corps were able to document and photographed those structures that they have built.
Our chief executive, President Aquino, is not afraid of the turmoil that is going in there, since, he believes that the UN (United Nations Organization) intrusion on the issue, especially the Security Council is very much needed (as of this writing, May 2, 2012).
Note: Other countries, such as: Vietnam, Taiwan, Malaysia are also claiming ownership on the disputed islets/shoals.
Asian Neighbors Wary of Chinese Regime as Maritime Clashes Worsen c/o NTD
Opinions Online by Filipinos regarding the Issue on Spratlys, et al
I've written my sentiments here, yet, it's not enough to convince readers that the Philippines is now in 'hot water' against the tyranny of China.
Here's what I've collated from the grapevine, offensive or not; this must be read and heard. It's not only Filipinos that are sharing their sentiments, even neighboring countries are also at keen with this issue.
- The peoples Liberation of China is the Largest Military Air force in the World with over 6,000 Military War Planes and 600,000 Active Military Personnel its inventory MiG-21,MiG-19, SU-27 Flanker and newly developed J-10 Strike Fighter .... our government should do the right way and diplomatic action NOT call of ARMS... stupidity things, were just a piece of chicken compare to their advance and numerous Military Equipments.... God Bless Philippines.... (Hondacbr Bermeo)
- Sabi ng Russian si Leo Tolstoi- WHEN THERE IS WAR , PREPARE FOR PEACE, & WHEN THERE IS PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR. Sa inyong pananaw saan nalalagay ang 'Pinas sa quotation na yan? (James Morales)
- I BEG TO DISAGREE. IT DOESN'T MEAN IF CHINA IS WEALTHY THEN WE HAVE TO GIVE WAY THROUGH. WHERE'S THE DIPLOMATIC SOVEREIGNTY OF THE PHILIPPINE PEOPLE? KAYA NGA AS PHILIPPINES DECLARED AS DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY, EQUIP WITH EVERYTHING. AS FREEDOM AS TO SAY "WE CAN STAND OWN OUR OWN AS TO DEFEND AND PROTECT OUR TERRITORY". GIVEN, MANY CHINESE INVEST HERE IN PHILIPPINES AND STILL STOOD AN UNBREAKABLE LINE OF EMPLOYED FILIPINOS. DO WE KNOW? AT THE END OF THE DAY, STILL THEIR BUSINESS SURVIVES BECAUSE OF ITS OPERATION EMPLOYEES WHICH ARE FILIPINO IN GREAT NUMBER. LETS PUT IT THIS WAY, FOR INSTANCE, FILIPINOS WILL STOP WORKING WITH CHINESE AND STOP PATRONIZING THEIR MARKET. THINK, BELIEVE AND STAND!!! (Ken Campos)
- What?made in china?i tell you boy China is good in imitating products. They're good at it,even milk for baby's are fake! toy's made from china were high in lead content meaning they're poisoning kids all around the world! THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL GREEDY! (Peter Dedil Lequin)
- Some of chinese fishersmen invaded our sea (south korea) and killed a couple of maritime police with hammers and this happen became the controversial issue in korea and chinese embassy just made excuses for this happen and i feel so much sorry for our maritime police men and chinese are trying to distort alot of history same as Japan. (Tommy Jung)
Most of the comments were written in Filipino, as more and more Filipino media users are keeping in touch on this 'very hot, blazing issue' to date.
To view more of the readers' posts, you can follow this link.
There's a saying that: "The TRUTH, shall set you FREE."
If this is true, let's hope that the government of China will truly adhere to the rules of sovereignty that my country, Philippines, should enjoy regarding the claims on the disputed islands.
Note: I should be thankful for the Filipino-Chinese who are making the economy of this country in a stable condition.
But we should never forget that illegal activities also sprung from China, including prohibited drug transactions (like the Hongkong Triad, drug mules or couriers), knock off products (lethal milk and toys) and a lot more.
The disputed areas abound in natural resources and even natural gas deposits.
Ordinary people should appeal to silence this issue and both governments should cling to a more hot, prevailing issues on people's welfare (jobs, food, health/nutrition, security, shelter. etc.).
- “Strong Republic”: An Analysis of the Philippine...
“Strong Republic”: An Analysis of the Philippine Political Economy in the context of Developmental State Model August 7, 2009 Cyl Bryan A. Bagadiong, Developmental Politics, Meiji University Graduate...
- Asian Security: Traditional and Emerging Challenges
Asia, which is the economic powerhouse of the world and where half of the world population resides, is confronting several challenges on the security front. Today’s security challenges extend well beyond...
More by this Author
The issue between Pro-Gun and Gunless Society is the hot topic in the Philippines due to gun-related death cases that increase yearly.
Achievements of President Benigno S. Aquino III are impressive. I even participated , as one of the casual employees in our town, conducting surveys for the CBMS (Community-Based Monitoring System) before the launching...
Eating street food is the favorite past time of many bystanders and pedestrians. The smell of food being cooked along the streets may entice you to buy from the street hawkers. The only caution is whether, it is clean...