Confederate Leaders of the Civil War: A Multiple-Choice Quiz and Study Guide for Students and Homeschoolers
“I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and have never seen the day when I did not pray for them.”
- Robert E. Lee
- After the formation of the Confederate Army, a total of 425 men received the rank of General from the Congress of the Confederate States of America. Most of them were professional soldiers who had received their education at a military school. Some of them had already seen active military service. Most of them, however, received "on the job" training. This website does not cover all 425 generals, but rather a select few who were considered to have made outstanding contributions in the war effort in one way or another.
- Robert E. Lee, the most famous military figure in history, had his choice of which side to fight for. He was offered the command of the entire Union army, but turned it down, unable to justify fighting against his friends, family and neighbors in his home state of Virginia.
- He is still admired today for both his military skills and his Christian values.
Nathan Bedford Forrest Statue
Edward P. Alexander
Pierre Gaston Toutont Beauregard
Richard H. Anderson
Lewis Addison Armistead
John C. Breckinridge
Jubal A. Early
Simon Bolivar Buckner, Sr.
Nathan G. "Shanks" Evans
Benjamin F. "Frank" Cheatham
Richard S. Ewell
John Brown Gordon
Basil W. Duke
Nathan Bedford Forrest
William J. "Old Reliable" Hardee
Ambrose P. Hill
D. H. Hill
Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson
John Bell Hood
Joseph B. Kershaw
Albert Sidney Johnston
Robert E. Lee
Joseph E. Johnston
John B. Magruder
John Hunt Morgan
John C. Pemberton
William N. Pendleton
Leonidas "The Fighting Bishop" Polk
George E. Pickett
Robert E. Rodes
Edmund Kirby Smith
G. W. Smith
Alexander P. Stewart
Willliam H. C. Whiting
Earl Van Dorn
Cadmus M. Wilcox
Please Check Out Some of My Other Quizzes
- Martin Luther King Jr.: A Multiple-Choice Quiz and ...
This is a multiple-choice quiz and study guide on the life of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Designed to aid high school students and homeschoolers in their study of this great man and leader.
- Official State Birds of the 50 United States: A Mul...
A quiz on the official state birds of the United States; designed to aid homeschoolers and other students, along with trivia buffs who are interested in learning about the official state birds.
- Major Acts of Congress: A Multiple-Choice Quiz and ...
This is a multiple-choice quiz on some important Acts of Congress throughout history. Homeschoolers should find the quiz enlightening and entertaining, as well as all high school students.
More by this Author
A how-to tutorial on how to successfully grow fuji apple trees. Fuji apples are about the size of a baseball and are about 10% sugar, so they are a tasty choice to grow.
This is a multiple-choice quiz on George Washington, the first President of the United States and the Father of Our Country. Designed to aid school students and home schoolers of all ages.
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually "clone" it!