Did you know?Historians estimate 40% of Colonists wanted Revolution,60% were loyal to the Crown or Neutral
Is America's Fighting Spirit gone forever?
I have been thinking a lot lately about America's earliest days, leading up to, during and after Revolution.
Our numbers were not very large at that time and I'd like to think...that all wanted Independence from Great Britain, but that was not the case!
Historians estimate that about 40% wanted Revolution, the other 60% remained loyal to the Crown or wished to remain neutral.
Hmmm.....'Neutral'. Apolitical. Comfortably and confidently hanging out...in the Gray?
These things I ponder!
But, nonetheless, that small 40% with Large Percentages of Fight and Faith, saw it through!
I am so grateful they did!
Today, we seem so willing to throw away, all that was gained by our Patriotic Predecessors, all those years ago.
America's Fighting Spirit, seems lacking; some have grown weary, they're not giving up, they are just tired and need rest now, some have been knocked down, fined, chastised so many times, they've given up, but for far too many, they've never had a Fighting Spirit, innately, learned or otherwise!
Far too many feel perfectly comfortable and safe, there in the gray...in their Neutral zone.
As before, a small percentage fights on; the Tea Party, Veteran groups, a few attentive Congress men and women, but the numbers pale in comparison to the numbers that wish to remain neutrally tucked away, hiding out in their perfect shade of smoky gray or those willing to lay down their Freedom at the altar of Big Government.
The six most important words in the English vocabulary, for far too many, "What's in it for me"?
They do not understand the roots and tentacles of Tyranny -
They understand, "What's in it for me"?
They do not understand the Revolution or the Never-ending-Fight for Freedom, they understand their creed and their creed alone...
Yep, you got it..."What is in it for me"?
It is discouraging, when you come to the realization that everything is changing and it is not the kind of change that we saw during the Forging of this Great Nation, the opposite is true; selfish, thoughtless and destructive change that continually chips away at our Foundation.
I predict that within the next decade, (unless there is an Awakening) the Topic of conversation will be "What happened to America"?
There will be discussions of the How and the Why and the What for?
There will be discussions about the generation that let everyone down and destroyed such a good thing!
Our grandchildren, great-grandchildren will have a hard time accepting, "Well we were so busy trying to live up to the expectations of the Politically Correct crowd that we lost our heads, we lost sight and then we just lost our way."
Can't you see their expressions now, as you think about it? Having a vision are you?
"We did not see it coming" will fall upon deaf ears, because we not only ignored subtle warnings, we ignored Flashing Neon signs!
I guess there is another excuse left, "We had the poorest eyesight."
In all seriousness, there are multiple flashing neon signs that cannot be continually ignored
starting with Public Education:
The importance of the U.S. Constitution minimized with each new printed text.
- It is more important to keep a child confused in all areas, including their gender identity and seeing to it that they're happily in the restroom of their choosing.
Historic events swept aside, revised or omitted altogether.
- More important to scare the children into believing that they're destroying planet Earth by their mere existence.
The Pledge of Allegiance, Independence Day Parades and Patriotic activity done away with.
- Better to do away with Mainstays than to have someone from another Country, feel offended and therefore....uncomfortable with the concept of Patriotism.
Prayer and moments of silence now seen as divisive and offensive.
- Much more important that we heap continuous praise on mediocre behavior and performance.
If it were not for my Faith and if it were not for me having more than my Fair Share (it's true, you'll have to ask God about that one Politically Correct crowd) of Patriotism and Fighting Spirit, I would have given up long ago.
We can't give up, we have to pull up our boot straps and keep fighting.
I don't want to tell my grandchildren that I was trying to be sensitive to the needs of the Politically Correct crowd. I'm having my own vision......their eyes are glazed over at this point.
I don't want to be so blind that I cannot see Flashing Neon!
The Fight goes on, it doesn't end.
It can't end!
More by this Author
President-Elect Trump said that if he became President, it would not be Politics as usual. Try telling that to the Dems!
Another day, Another Leftist petty play.
Melania Trump recites the Lord's Prayer at a Rally and the Left loses it. Why?