Fifteen Differences Between Democrats And Republicans
1. Corporate Power
- Republicans fear that the government has too much control over corporations.
- Democrats fear that corporations have too much control over our government.
2. During Hard Economic Times...
- Democrats believe it benefits all of us to help the weakest and the poorest among us first.
- Republicans believe we must help the wealthiest and most powerful first and hope the wealth trickles down to everyone else.
3. Corporate Responsibility
- Republicans believe large corporations will always do what is best for the American people if the government will just stay out of the way.
- Democrats believe large corporations would disembowel you and sell your organs to the highest bidder if the government isn't there to stop them.
4. The Right to Decent Health Care
- Democrats believe everyone should be entitled to the health care they need regardless of their ability to pay.
- Republicans believe health care is just another commodity to be bought or sold. If you can't afford it, then hurry up and die.
5. Government Spending
- Democrats believe too much of our money goes to crooked corporate executives who take government subsidies and pay themselves $80 million salaries.
- Republicans believe too much of our money goes to teachers who make $30,000 a year
- Democrats believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of patriotism.
- Republicans believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of communism.
7. Environmental Protection
- Democrats believe that we need to set high standards for clean air and drinking water.
- Republicans believe that standards for clean air and water are burdensome over-regulation.
8. Economic Recovery
- Democrats believe the President and Congress need to work together to create jobs during a weak economy.
- Republicans believe that Congress should do nothing to create jobs and then blame the President for slow job creation.
9. Corporate Responsibility
- Democrats believe that corporate polluters should be made to pay for the cleanup of their pollution.
- Republicans believe that making corporations clean up their pollution is burdensome over-regulation.
10. Health Care
- Democrats believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making people healthy.
- Republicans believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making a healthy profit.
11. Who Should Congress Work For?
- Democrats believe Congress should be of the people, by the people and for the people.
- Republicans believe corporations are the people.
12. Influence Over Congress
- Democrats believe that corporations have too much influence over Congress due to their lobbyists and huge campaign contributions.
- Republicans worry that the middle class has too much influence over Congress due to their voting and paying taxes
13. Corporate Abuse
- Democrats believe we need to protect victims of corporate negligence and abuse by allowing Americans to file lawsuits against corporations.
- Republicans believe we need to protect large corporations from lawsuits by the Americans that they have abused and victimized.
- Democrats believe that the rich should be taxed a little more than the poor and middle class.
- Republicans believe that the rich should not be taxed at all as long as they keep giving millions in campaign contributions to politicians.
15. Money and Politics
- Democrats believe that allowing unlimited amounts of money in politics produces corruption and destroys the American way of life.
- Republicans believe that unlimited money and corruption in politics are the American way of life.
These are just my observations from a lifetime of watching Democratic and Republican politicians.
More by this Author
There are a multitude of examples that prove Republicans have been consistently wrong about virtually everything they've predicted over the past 30 years.
There are many facts that people don't know or don't want to know about what has changed in America because of President Obama. This article sheds some light on those facts.
People have worked very hard to rewrite the history of Ronald Reagan’s presidency, but objective historical facts dispute the wishful thinking of the 40th president's admirers.