File for Unemployment in Tennessee TN
Filing unemployment in Tennessee TN
If you have recently lost your job in Tennessee (TN), file for unemployment benefits immediately to avoid loss of benefit payments. Tennessee has experienced economic issues like many other areas of the country resulting in job losses and business closures. In order to keep yourself and your family from losing your house and not being able to pay the bills during a layoff, collecting unemployment benefits can be extremely helpful.
Tennessee unemployment benefits are administered by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
If you plan to register by internet, first gather the following information prior to filing your unemployment claim in TN.
1. social security number and driver’s license number or state ID card number.
2. Your complete mailing address
3. The name, address, and fax number and phone numbers of past employers (full or part-time) over the last 18 months
4. The last day you worked at each job.
5. The reason you left each job over the last 18 months.
6. Your Alien Registration number is required if you are not a U.S. citizen.
Filing for Unemployment by Phone
If you do not have regular access to the internet, you can file an unemployment claim in Tennessee by calling the UI Claims Center at 1-877-813-0950 or 615-253-0800 in the Nashville area. Phone connections to the UI Claims Center are also available for free at any Career Center Location throughout the state. The UI Claims Center is open on normal business days from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time or 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time.
Filing for Unemployment Benefits by Internet
To file for Tennessee unemployment benefits using the internet, go to labor.tennesseeanytime.org/labor/ between Saturday - Friday from 8am - Midnight. The internet claim website is not available on Sundays.
You will need to set up a new user account by entering your personal information and select a PIN. Keep the PIN in a safe place since it acts as your official digital signature,
Fill out all of the information required in each form through the online application process. The unemployment claim will take approximately 30 minutes to fill out if you have gathered all the needed information. Once you start the online application, do not stop entering information because if you leave the website idle for 15 minutes you may be exited from the site and have to enter all the information again. Also if you try to exit the site all your information will be lost.
Tips for Filing and What to Do After You File
- Use a telephone with a cord instead of a cordless or cellular phone if you are filing for unemployment benefits by phone to avoid losing connection.
- Select a time and location where you will not be distracted when using the internet system in order to finish the application in one sitting.
- Wait 12 business days after you file the Tennessee unemployment claim to receive a letter by mail from the UI Claims Center. If you do not hear back by then, call the UI Claims Center at 1-877-813-0950 or 615-253-0800 in the Nashville area.
- Once you are approved for unemployment you are required to submit weekly updates by phone or internet to confirm you are still looking for a job and confirm income.
More by this Author
knowing how to use a string line level is helpful for checking grades on a property. A string line level can replace a survey instrument for simple grading of a site to promote drainage.
GM keyless remote batteries periodically need replaced. Save some money from auto dealer costs and replace the remote battery yourself.
Do it yourself, step by step instructions for removing and replacing a headlight lamp in a Chevy Uplander minivan.