Froggy's World; How It Is Now.
It seems as if it's been a lot longer since I wrote Froggy's World. There has been a lifetime for most people happen in my life in just 4 years. This morning I went out to cut some of the trees that had fallen here from hurricane Irene; my thoughts began to wander and everything started to come to the top of my mind. As I write this, a rainforest has started in my eyes. I do realize that most people have their own problems and life's issues and probably don't want to hear mine, but there may be those who by hearing all this, will realize what they are facing just isn't all that bad. Either way, I have to write. If nothing else, just to keep myself sane.
In 4 years time, I have learned more about myself than I knew in all my life. These are some of the main aspects I have found out about the guy in this Frog outfit:
- I have lost trust in mankind in general. Yes, I have those who I try hard to trust and it is a battle to keep my heart and mind doing that.
- Children are important and I will do what I must to protect them.
- I feel called by God for a mission only for a Frog.
- Fulfilling the mission God has for me is my #1 priority.
- I long for true justice.
- My dreams have vanished.
For those of you that don't know what all has happened in 4 years to me and with me, let's hit just a few:
- On June 23rd,2007, my 23 month old Grandson was, I feel, murdered.
- As I protested for Justice For Jonathan, I was laid off my job and had a battle against politics and injustice in Lebanon, Missouri.
- I was the only one arrested after Jonathan's death; the Sheriff department claimed I was going nuts. I was released 18 hours later when a counselor told them I was the sane one and they were the nuts.
- I helped to lead candlelight vigils in Lebanon for victims of child abuse.
- My daughter who was pregnant at the time had a son, Elijah. Jonathan's killer was the father. Battle's erupted over Eli but thank God, my daughter maintains custody.
- In August 2010, our home burned. I still question this, but it was ruled the coffee pot started the fire.
- We moved and bought a trailer in O'Fallon, Missouri and I took a job through Kelly services at Nike.
- In November 2010, my wife of 30 years, Jonda, died from staph infection at Barnes/Jewish hospital in St. Peters, Missouri.
- I became a recluse wishing I would just die. I did maintain my writing on the internet and I attended church, but I felt like I was dead.
- I met a butterfly. Read on and understand.
The book I wrote and published
A Butterfly and a Frog
I shared my hubs with her and she shared Jesus with me.
She told me her life and I tried to explain mine.
I fell in love and pushed to know her more. When I saw Maggie, I just knew: yes I knew.
I wanted to meet her and O'Fallon was out of the question. Financially, and with her family, it just couldn't be. Could I go to her island?
I thought, I prayed and I prayed and I thought.
I must know this butterfly. I bought the ticket; only a four day trip.
I'm still here in Puerto Rico. What did I leave? Yes, my sons and daughter. Yes, my Grandson and two Granddaughters Yes, I left a trailer and a job. Yes, I left a good chance that I would be buried 6 feet below the ground in a short time.
I have a lovely woman that I have wed in front of God. We will do it the world's way in December and I do hope to visit those Grandchildren next year.
I must also say that I believe God has me here as part of the mission.
All this in 4 years time; who else but God could give me strength and stamina to endure all of this.
What battle is next? I know not.
What blessing is next? I know not
What do I know? I know that I will trust God; I will trust Jesus Christ and I will trust the Holy Spirit.
I still don't trust mankind for the most part, but I do trust my love, my life; my wife-Maggie.
My Poem For Maggie
I pray that children are protected from abusers and killers. I pray that justice becomes better and no one would ever have to go through the things we did. I pray for mankind that we all awaken to what God wants and not so much what we want. I pray that I am able to write positives here on hub pages instead of negatives.
Thank you God for seeing me through all these tribulations and for the blessings you have given me.
Thank you Maggie-for being in my life-I love you.
© G.L. Boudonck
© 2011 Greg Boudonck
More by this Author
It was the same thing day in and day out. Go to school and do follow the material that had boredom written all over it. I wanted something more; something with substance.
Children are our future and there are freaks killing them. Lets catch these evil beings and send them all to hell.
This hub describes the different political parties and their views. Written before the last Presidential election, it still gives people insight. Updated now for the most current Presidential election