U.S. Politics: A party divided by race, ignorance or both?
The Tea Party Movement- What they know or better yet, don't know
Has the Republican Party used the Tea Party to get ahead?See results without voting
GOP claim to be patriots and rule by the constiution...
...then why are they being so contrary when it comes to the constitution?
Paul Broun of Georgia won his seat by defending the Constitution, then decided it needed changing, he wanted to get rid of birthright citizenship, federal income taxes and implement the castration of child rapists.
Republicans are not alone, but the difference is that the Democrats proposed twenty seven amendments of their own, most by Jesse Jackson of Illinois; asking for new rights to quality housing and education.
- The Republicans have proposed about 42 amendments in the current Congress; such as the now famous repeal of the 14th Amendment's birthright citizenship,
- restrict the president's ability to sign international treaties,
- repeal Congress' power to regulate the economy,
- repeal Congress' power to spend money,
- repeal the equal protection of the laws,
- repeal fundamental rights
- repeal the 17th Amendment which requires direct election of senators.
When Broun was questioned on his contradiction, he said "it's not picking and choosing", basically that it's (THE CONSTITUTION) that just needs tweaking.
Followers of the Constitution and Patriots
Since 2008, when Obama was sworn in, the GOP began wrapping themselves in the American flag, calling themselves patriots and saviors of the Constitution. While, this is all within their "constitutional" rights; it lead the Republicans into a path that at most times contradicted with their party politics, even creating erratic behavior and spin-off party groups like the Tea Party movement.
Why did they choose to lead by fear, rather than lead by results? Because their agenda became, WIN at any cost. They had one wedge issue after another that they have jumped on.
- First, they used all power within their means to include distractions to fight Health Care Reform and while they fought against the reform, they didn't offer any of their own solutions or ideas. They spent the entire time looking for and pointing out, what they saw, as bad policies in the reform effort using lies and scare tactics to divide Americans.
- When those efforts failed, they went after the large Hispanic population, with the Immigration attacks. Which turned out to be unpopular among many Americans and quickly showed America and the world how racist Americans really can be.
- As this issue was hot and heavy; they were also fighting against Financial Reform, blocking the Jobs Bill. And while crying out about the deficit, they were quietly asking for Government assistance for their states.
The Tea Party Republican
When the Tea Party began, they vowed to fight for smaller government and fiscal responsibility, individual freedoms and up hold what they refer to as a "conservative" view of the the U.S. Constitution.
February 2010, the Tea Party held it's first ever convention. Their guest speakers, Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin, to name a few were nothing more than viral agitators. They spoke to incite anger and fear, their speeches misleading and less than factual. At this point, the party went extremely to right.
They called themselves the Tea Party, had their own convention and own rules....why didn't they establish their own party? The Tea Party continued to run and support members of their party against Republicans running on the ticket that are long known Republicans.
Yet, the Republican Party continued to let them run on their ticket. Why? As more and more Tea Party candidates were being elected over traditional Republicans, it was creating dissension among party members. Former head of the RNC, Michael Steele said they needed to support these candidates, Jim Demint was forced by party heads to pay out of his campaign coffers for Tea Party candidates support for openly supporting and pushing for their acceptance.
John Boehner let the GOP sentiment known when speaking about the Tea Party. He said some GOP members want to co-op the parties, but John Boehner prefered to walk among them and listen to them, but not include them.
Leave the Constiution Alone and Concentrate on Jobs!!
As the country was slowly mending, the GOP and Tea Party were constantly trying to remind Americans that the Democrats are not creating jobs and the economy is mending way too slowly.
The GOP and the Tea Party were spending most of their time arguing over the changes needed to the constitution and other "busy" work.
What they should have been concentrating on was solutions to getting Americans back to work, immigration settled and health care reform and leave the constitution and all other fear mongering distractions alone.
More by this Author
- 19Southeast Bexar County Awareness: Embattled ESD#6 Board Members took over the Southside ISD School Board
Embattled ESD#6 board members took control at Southside ISD, after what they've done to the ESD#6, the thought of their involvement with the schools funding was bone chilling.
Donald Trump is he a threat to our nations security? Is he objective enough to take on the challenge and handling of war?
- 0Southeast Bexar County Community Awareness: Southside ISD- Resignations- Reassignments and a revolving door
Southside ISD school board micromanaging the employees of the district. Board members violating state policy to hire. Putting friends and family in high level positions with pay above standard.