Hillary Clinton can be America’s Iron Lady
President Obama will be leaving office in January 2017 and I am pleased to see Hillary Clinton as one of the Presidential Candidates for 2016. If I was an American, I would definitely vote for her. (I’m from UK). Some people feel the same way and would like to see her win and for some it’s a definite NO. There have been talks about her trustworthiness due to using a Private email account, while in office and more. However, let’s look at the positives:
- Hillary Clinton was the First Lady for the United States from 1993 to 2001. She played an important role in matters of public policy, while her husband, (Bill Clinton) was President, to the point where people objected to her being involved. However, an appeals court supported her stand, ruling that presidents’ wives have a long-standing “tradition of public service” acting “as advisers and personal representatives of their husbands.”
- She served as Secretary of State under the Obama Administration and also served as a US Senator. No doubt, she has the best CV / Resume for a Presidential Candidate.
- Hillary is emotionally strong. Not every marriage can survive what hers did. (her husbands infidelity). It must have hurt but she was like an Iron Lady and carried on. During the 1992 Campaign, when responding to questions about her husbands alleged 12-year sexual relationship with an Arkansas woman, Gennifer Flowers, Hillary told voters to judge her husband by his record and added that, if they did not like what they saw, then they shouldn’t vote for him.
- As First Lady, she helped support so many things that affect Americans, the 3 that stand out to me are: (a) Helping supuport children who’s parents can not afford health insurance. (b) Helping create the VAWA Violence Against women Act 1994 and (c) Initiating Adoption and Safe Families Act - along with many other health programs. This all reflected during her husbands' Presidency.
- Finally, for a change, it would be brilliant for America to have a Lady President.
America's 45th President
Would you like to See Hillary Clinton as America's Next President?See results without voting
Why was Margaret Thatcher called the Iron Lady?
The Iron metaphor was coined by Captain Yuri Gavrilov in 1976 in the Red star Soviet newspaper because of her staunch opposition to the Soviet and Socialism.
Margaret Thatcher (UK’s Past Prime Minister) was actually the longest serving Prime Minister – From 1979 to 1990. She must have done a brilliant job to be re-elected and I am sure Hillary Clinton can too. Margaret Thatcher sadly passed away in April 2013.
The Big Question? (◕‿◕)
If Hilary Clinton does become President, then what would her husband be called?
First President? First Gentleman?
What do you think he should be called?
More by this Author
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.
Why I don't agree with kids calling the Police on their parents.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.