How To Have A Pacifists Potest Against Eco Disasters The Recipe
Definition - What is a Man Made Eco Disaster
Before we can adopt measures to end an existing Eco disaster, we need to define what is a man made Eco disaster!
From my viewpoint lets start of by defining a disaster
Definition of an Accident or Disaster.
Or using that sweet, sugar coated syrupy word, Accident.
It is a result of sequence of events that start off a chain reaction that leads to damage to property or life.
Definition of Made Made
This is quite simple, really, it is nearly always pilot error.
Not so stupid a statement as it seems:-
"Well if the driver of the 18 wheeler had refused to carry the overloaded rig with known defective brakes, it would not have caused the accident!" True, but he would have lose his job, someone else would have then taken off on that route and it might or might not have happened".
So to sun it all up man-made is really.'
The Corporations, Governments and finally the individuals.
Definition of Eco
That is simple, it is our world and our resources, it is what we are supposed to be husbanding to leave for our children. Who we hope will, in turn, leave something for their children.
Now for .............
As I fairly forcefully stated in a previously posted Hub Dont-Kill-The-World
This really highlights the impact on our planet, it sits in the back of my mouth, a foul taste that will not go away.
The politicos make capital and a lot of legislation is passed, to what purpose, for this to happen again and again.
The fines, a mere slap on the wrist, when you consider what the true costs really were!
What do I mean by that?
If any of you have seen an Iceberg or an ice cube in a glass of water
What you see is 1/10 of the total mass, the rest is hidden
- So the 1/10th is the direct and visible costs of
- cleanups,recoveries and payouts for loss of lives, based on some formula that the various Actuaries have developed.
- The other 90% is hidden, this is what is what we seem to forget.
- That the impact on our Eco Systems is not counted in.
- How long will our resources last?
- How much damage is done to Ozone?
For those of you that have played Empire Earth, the resources are actually finite.
- If you grow all the time and build to maximum, you run out of wood and stone
- If your army is built up fully, you run out of ore and other resources
- Your fishing boats return empty
- You have run out of land to grow crops
You cease to exist, so you attack your neighbour, and another and another till all resources are gone.
That is the hidden costs to all the Eco Disasters
The Story goes on and on.
Greenpeace, with all there noble and valiant efforts unfortunately not changed too much by violent aggression, a lot of publicity and on there side a lot of casualties.
Things have not really changed that much.
A tribute to all of the rescue workers, relief workers, the man in the street who has gone to help clean up the beaches and sea birds, seals and other oil damaged creatures.
Do not worry, you will be able to come to their aid again and again in the future, although unfortunately to a dwindling number.
You are making a difference and the EARTH MOTHER is appreciative for your kindness, yet she weeps at the futility of it all.
How to End It
- Google the Company to find out about all the Subsiduries and all there holding companies.
- You may come across snippets about the Company, compliments from Wikipedia:-
In the United States, BP or its subsidiaries have been convicted of environmental crimes on three occasions, one of which resulted from the Texas City Refinery Disaster where BP was fined $50,000,000 and given 3 years probation. Separate to that conviction, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration issued its largest fine of $87,000,000 to BP for 270 safety violations. BP is appealing the fine.
Doyon Drilling, a BP contractor working in North Slope Alaska in 2000, pleaded guilty to dumping hazardous materials down oil well shafts. BP was fined $500,000 for failing to report the dumping when it became aware of it. In addition to the fine, BP was placed on probation and ordered to create a nationwide environmental management program
So with all that information,
- Petition your Government to cease trade agreements with them, pointless, as we all need oil right.
- Rally all your friends on all of the social sites available to boycott all purchases from the main Company
- Encourage friends and families to boycott all purchases from the subsidiary Companies
- Even if you can avoid purchasing goods from the Country where they have their Head Offices
- Petition the Government of that Company to impose, stronger monitoring of the offending Companies and install permanent observers in each and every aspect oft the offending Company's operation, at that Company's expense. This position is paid by the Company but is employed by the relative Safety, ISO or equivalent Standards Authority accountable and answerable to Parliament/Government, or a United Nations.
Maybe that would in a total and peaceful manner bring about a reduction in these tragic and Eco harming disasters.
As To Who Paid Those Fines
The answer to that is simple dear reader.....................
YOU every time you make a purchase at the pump, add oil, or any of the other products that is produced by them directly or one of its subsiduaries.
Bear in mind that is the 10 percent or one tenth.
The hidden 90 percent or 9/10th's is being paid by you your grandchildren and there grandchildren, in the quality of this earths resources.
- The dwindling plant life
- The species of animal life that are reaching distinction
- The marine life that is in dire straights
- The Shrinkage of the Polar ice
- Quality of air
- Quality of water
More by this Author
Memeories from childhood, frugality a its best. Makiing use of scraps to produce a three different tasty treats. Lessons fro the 50's which my father had learned in in the 30's when frugality was the order of the...
A pickled and smoked pork hock, the skin grilled it to a golden brown brittly crunch. Served with mustard sauerkrauet and boiled potatotoes. A German Speciality.