H.O.W To Start A Group Against Racism?
There are several hubbers who are starting to write excellent hubs about racism, including Angela Brummer. Please read her hubs, they are very good. Racism is not only about the color of someone's skin, place of National Origin, Religion, Sex, LGBT, Disability, the list could go on and on.
The question of this hub is how to start such a group. A group that would include anyone. The author of this hub is on disability, the other hubs show why, it takes too long to explain why. Disability, does not give one a lot of money, so highly publishing such a group would be impossible. Also, how could a name for such a group be made? A name that would include everybody.
There are other groups against racism, but not against everything. Here is a list of those groups. www.heartsandminds.org This link will give you much more information, then can be in this hub.
1) American Arab Anti- Discrimination Committee - This group is mainly for Americans and Muslims but at this time has no up to date information at this time.
2) American Institute For Managing Diversity.- This group is for many cultures which is a good thing. But, only for different cultures. So, it is pretty specific for what it is about.
3) Anti-Defamation League- This group is for Anti-Semitism in this country. But, that is the only problem this group deals with.
4) Artists Against Racism- This group was built to understand all people, but is not active at this point in time.
5) Campaign Against Racism- This group is also against racism and was in the United Kingdom, but is no longer active.
6) Center for equal opportunity- This center sponsors conferences, supports research, and publishes policy on issues related to race, ethnicity, assimilation, and public policy.
7) Co Action- This is a group of educators and design specialists. Basically, this group helps teachers, and gives links to other websites.
8) Cross Point Anti Racism- This is the biggest collection of human rights, anti- racism, reffugee's, women' rights, anti-fascism, shoah, Jewish organizations, migrant organizations, and others. It has been built and maintained by the Magnta Foundation in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
9) Eliminating Racism and Creating Equality- No longer working
10) National Association of Colored People- This is the most well known and is the oldest civil rights organization in the United States. An entire hub can be written and several probably have been written about it. It's website can be found it the website listed above.
Some of the groups here are still in use and some are not. Some are for one group, some are for a few groups. A lot of hubbers here, seem to feel that any type of racism, sexism, or hatred against homosexuals, lesbians, people with different religions, people with disabilities ( this list could go on and on) is wrong.
So, is there any way to start a group, even a small one, of people that do not hate each other even though we are different? Is there any way to let people know we exist? After my surgery for epilepsy, money is one thing I don't have, so advertising would be a problem. Maybe we can start a hub group, then a facebook page, then tweet it. How about a name? Can someone, be the one to help start it?
More by this Author
A response to the hub "Join the Illuminati" written by Larry Okeke, who believed the Illuminati is a "defunct secret service" He is wrong, very wrong. The Illuminati is alive, and very deadly.
African Americans still to this day, receive employment discrimination. More companies prefer to hire White Americans then Black Americans. There are laws against this, but these laws are not being followed.
On Dec. 31, 2011 Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act, which could give him the power to enact martial law. He can stay in power as long as he wants to.