How to Forgive Someone - Art of Forgiving
How To Learn the Art of Forgiveness
How to forgive
All of us had been hurt in one way or another. The hurt maybe inflicted by people we love most (this truly hurts), relatives, ex-wife/husband, best friend etc.
Whether we have been cheated on, duped, scam or somebody hurt us, there is no other way but to move on. Why? because we are at the losing end, and besides we cant just sulk and be sad forever. When we are sad, it affects our moods, output and how we deal with our loved ones. They don’t deserve to be affected.
For my own sake I don’t like to dwell on things and I easily let go. I have a forgiving heart too because I honestly believe that people are good, and if they are selfish at times, they still have time to change.
Sometimes though, it is very difficult to forgive. Some would say time can only tell if you can forgive the person who did so much pain to you. I say it otherwise, it is easier to forgive if you just let it go.
Steps on How to Learn the Art of Forgiveness
I have listed down some things which we need to do so that we may have the heart to easily forgive.
- Always remember that forgiving is not for the other person but for you. Be kind to yourself.
- Forget the bad act and remember the good things that person did to you. Try to separate the person from the act (although this is extremely difficult). Always try to understand the other person, where he/she is coming from etc.
- The damage have been done and there is no more time to dwell on it. Instead of always remembering the hurt, try to divert your attention to other things. Your time is not worth it. The more you will be at a losing end because you are trying to punish yourself.
- Try to write a letter or talk to the person who hurt you, express yourself and tell them what is in your mind. I am sure after talking to them, your heart will be lightened.
- If you forgive them and you want to continue your relationship with them, little by little put the incident out of your mind. Don’t always remind them of what they did. But don’t try to justify their action specially if they did it to you the second time already. It is clear they will never change and what makes it more difficult is for example you have a permanent ties with them (immediate family).
- The sweetest revenge (although of course we don’t like revenge) is to move on (if we don’t like to have anymore relationship with them) and having a good life.
More by this Author
Is Beauty really in the eye of the beholder? So, what is beautiful? Who is beautiful? Clearly when you ask a group of men, students and women from different walks of life who they think is beautiful, wouldn’t...
The American way of life is characterized by an openness and accomodation. It is not at all difficult for acculturation because it embodies practices and lifestyles which are easy to adapt too. In the process of...
The Best African-American actors in Hollywood There are many African-American actors in Hollywood and they are all great in their own rights. In this article, I will pay a tribute to most of them like : Forest...