If I Had My Way, You Would Not Get Yours! A Christian Manifesto
America's New National Symbol?
If this scares you, it should...
According to the Radical Religious Right, freedom of religion is not necessarily a good thing...
The dedicated Christian fundamentalist believer says:
- If I had my way, you would not be able to do most of the things you do now. I would take away your wine, your cigarettes, your rock music, your high heeled shoes, most of your TV and internet.
- If I had my way, there would no longer be a Constitution as we have known it for these past couple of hundred years. I would replace it with Biblical law and injunctions. There are 613 perfectly good laws in the Book of Leviticus that would work perfectly.
- If I had my way, your kids would no longer learn about evolution in school. They would have to be taught Biblical Creationism, which, in my view, is the way the universe came into existence.
- If I had my way, I would ban all forms of religious worship except for my own. The rest of the world has it wrong anyway. Oh, sure, they have created some beautiful temples, mosques, and synagogues in the names of their false gods, but they are defiled and should be demolished. New evangelical churches would be constructed on those sites. And, while I'm at it, I would banish or deport all mullahs, imams, Catholic priests and nuns, rabbis, and 'fringe' ministers such as those from Unitarian or New Thought congregations. Atheists would be charged with both heresy and blasphemy and be subject to immediate arrest and possible execution.
- If I had my way, the races would be separated. They're not equal, anyway. God cursed the black man in the early stories of the Old Testament. That's why they ended up slaves for so many centuries. I would not require them to return to slavery but they would most definitely have to learn and keep their place. Same would go for Latinos and Asians, too, if they didn't convert to my form of Christianity.
I would definitely end the right to an abortion. And anyone found to be receiving or performing an illegal abortion would be tried and if found guilty, executed.
I would also execute known gay and lesbian people. They are the scourge of the earth and will end civilization as we know it if we do not rein in on their sinful lifestyles.
I would end our U.N.-style relationship with the rest of the world and I would nationalize most big industries including railroads, banks, airlines, utilities and food production and use the military to enforce the new laws.
I would end national and local elections by installing approved evangelical religious appointees to all positions of any import, in accordance with Biblical precedent and instruction. I would make church attendance mandatory.
This may all seem very harsh to some of you. But it's important to understand that all of this would be in preparation for the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He would do the same things; I would just get it ready for him to save him some of the work.
Readers: If you think this is some kind of joke or mistake, think again. The Radical Religious Right has set its agenda and virtually everything in the above proclamation is part of it. If you're a Born Again Christian who thinks this is absurd, you simply have not been keeping up with your (mostly self-appointed) national evangelical leadership's activities and involvements in politics. They have declared that all means are legitimate in the "fight against evil secularism," including lying, subversion, intimidation, legislative and judicial bribery, money laundering, even possible assassinations. Some of those leaders actually believe that Christianity is under some kind of attack in America. It's not attack, my Christian friends, it's self-defense.
You be the judge. Theocracy or democracy? They cannot exist well together. Medieval Europe proved that. The Middle East proves it today.
Long live the U.S. Constitution. And may God deliver us from his followers.
Read this book...
- Republican Gomorrah
The Republican Party is in tatters. And the Radical Religious Right shares much of the cause of its troubles. Read Max Blumenthal's Republican Gomorrah and be awakened!
More by this Author
The question: What is cool about wearing your pants down so low that the belt is underneath your butt cheeks?
So, you have been led to believe that evil spirits come from the devil. Guess again. They come directly from the Jewish/Christian/Muslim god himself. Let's check out the Old Testament:
I studied the A Course In Miracles for a number of years and I will admit, there's a lot of good stuff in it. But is it Truth with a capital 'T'?
No comments yet.