A Confession: In Appreciation and Praise of Women With Red Nails
To me, speaking solely as a man
This photo is not "just" a photo to be used on a hub. This is a work of art. I realize that women who wear heels suffer far more than we men can imagine, but girls, speaking for myself, "thank you all so much," for the heels and red toenails.
To be upfront with you.
When I make this statement, "I love it when women wear red fingernails and toenails," I hope that the first word that pops into your mind is not "pervert." But since we live in a Democracy, sorta, I cannot and will not force you to think what I want you to think. That would be down right Communistic. (Hey, I just created a new word. I cannot afford the copyright charges, so just contact me each time you use it).
There is absolutely nothing wrong, illegal, or immoral about a woman wearing red fingernails and toenails together or just fingernails. Her choice is her business. I respect that from any woman. And no, I do not mean those women who have to get Botox or enhancement in the bosom area in order to look good. I am talking about "any" woman who who likes red nails.
Break time. Everyone get a soda or snack.
The list is long.
Preacher's wives, receptionists, teachers, nurses, CEO's, lawyers, singers, dancing instructors and female members of our Armed Forces. I respect and appreciate them all for their choice of wearing red nails. I am not about to apologize for this piece. It is not a keg of dynamite with a lit fuse so I can sit here in my recliner and write my feelings about women with red nails with complete peace of mind.
So now, one more time, it gives me great pleasure to present . . .
In Appreciation and Praise of Women With Red Nails
- Women who wear red nails are NOT whores, prostitutes or immoral behind closed doors. Whomever started labeling them as such just because of a style choice should attend a four-day sensitivity training held in the Catskill Mountains in a secluded cabin compound taught by Sarah Palin with a "no holds barred" approach to teaching men what is immoral and what is not. With a ten-page test coming at the end of the fourth day. Whomever fails, is kept back for four more days.
- Women who wear red nails, to me, are easier to talk with. Just my opinion. I cannot put it into words, but in all of the years I spent in the business world, I dealt with many females who owned or worked in the retail business sector and those with red nails were more friendly with me than those with no nail polish. (Please do not get angry at me women who do not, for whatever reason, wear red nails. I am just being upfront).
- There is this inexplainable peace that accompanies women with red toenails. Again, do not get angry at me. I dealt with a lady who owned a radio station, but ran display ads with the newspaper I worked for and she always wore red toenail polish. In the summertime, she always wore those sandals with heels and that made me feel sad when she would go over her ad copy with me and leave. Do not start with the "you need professional help," whispersi
- The women who I knew with red nails were some of the most-giving women I have ever met. One woman whom I worked with at the paper always wore red nails and she was the one who taught me "the ropes" about a newspaper. I did confess to her one day that her choice of wearing red nail polish made her lectures to me go a lot easier. She was happy to hear that. I felt better in telling her this too.
- I am blessed to be friends with a preacher and his wife. She loves red nails. But she doesn't wear them everyday. Or every Sunday. When I am talking to her my eyes always focus (like laser beams) on her fingernails. Once I asked her if she paid someone in a salon to do her nails and she laughed and told me that she did her own nails. The reasons? Saving money and she did not trust anyone else to do her nails.
I did not want to "just" talk about red fingernail polish.
This the end of this hub. Please do not faint. My reason: I feel that if the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson can get away with a brief story every now and then, then so can I.
Am I saying that I am Dr. Thompson's league? Are you nuts?
More by this Author
"Life learned by heresy is futile, but life learned first-hand is fertile." (Author unknown).
Some people will do or say anything that would easily mean that they have a death wish on themselves.
This is a trufh-filled piece about how great my life has been by being bald.