Health Care in America A Right or Privilege
Understanding Obamacare 30 Minute Video
An American Stand Off
At the time this picture was taken in the subway systems of New York City, President Barack Obama was giving Americans an honest assessment of their grim economic plight. In his first address to Congress, President Obama also conjured up hopes of a brighter future. Since that time we have passed a health care bill full of pork barrel nonsense, and nothing has logically been suggested to handle the real crisis. The new healthcare bill has successfully defeated thirty-three attempts to be changed, altered, and overridden. While this man still stands in the subway tunnels, to panhandle change from strangers, and still suffering from his thyroid condition.
- The pictured is a homeless man, with no health insurance, who is suffering from an overactive thyroid which causes the muscles behind his eye to swell.
An American Story
A man enters a Walgreen's. He goes to the back of the store to where the pharmacy counter is located. He informs the pharmacist that he has cancer and is in terrible pain. When the pharmacist tried to calmly explain to the man that he was sorry and could do nothing for him, the cancer patient tells the pharmacist he has a gun. The gun man tells the pharmacist how he recently lost his health insurance, since his former employer obligation under COBRA had recently expired. Already thousands of dollars in debt, he could no longer get his medications. The gun man asked politely for everyone, except for the pharmacist, to leave the store. He then explained his intentions were not to harm anybody. He just needed something for the pain. When the employees made it out of the store, they swiftly called 911. In the meantime, the man demanded Oxycontin and Lorazepam. Two common medications used in cancer hospice care. Oxycontin is for pain and Lorazepam is for anxiety. It supposedly helps to calm the nerves after a dose of chemotherapy. The pharmacist supplied the man with his demands and was released by the gun man.
After a 15 minute stand off with police, the man stopped pointing the gun at his head and the police gave him some time. The police watched the man take the necessary amount of drugs, allowed by the prescription for his condition. Once the man became more subdued and clearly out of pain, the police immediately placed him in police custody. An ambulance was called to the scene, and the patient was taken to the state supported hospital. The man ended up in the Intensive Care Unit. Where the news then said he was in critical condition, and dying from cancer. Apparently, this man's only remaining option, was to become a ward of the county or state, as an inmate, in order that to live out the rest of his days, without unbearable and horrific pain.
- Now, you tell me because I want to know, should health care be a right or a privilege in America?
- Is this what any of us, would want for a love one or perhaps even ourselves, to go through?
- What will the new healthcare law do for men like these featured in this article?
—Questions Americans from coast to coast are forced to ask themselves daily.
Is Health Care in America right or privilege?See results without voting
- Should all Americans have the right (be entitled) to health care? - Right to Health Care - ProCon.or
Should all Americans have the right (be entitled) to health care? Read pros, cons, and expert responses in the debate.
America's Opposing Voices
- The side of many healthcare professionals are saying:
- The health care industry is a business. The bottom line is profit.
- Taking care of people is expensive.
- It is not the fault of Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, etc., that the costs of health care are rising.
- It is the insurance companies fault. The way items have to itemized to even collect the going rate from an Insurance company is the cause and effect.
- Many people on the side of the patients are saying:
- I need assistance.
- I live in America, what do you mean I'm denied?
- I need medicine. I'm sick.
- I pay taxes too, I just do not make enough money to pay taxes, and pay for medical insurance together at once.
Understanding Obama Care
More by this Author
Understanding the deformity of Peyronie's disease.
Civil liberties and the importance behind the freedom of being able to express oneself.
Gorgeous voluptuous women. Sharing the outter beauty BBW females in a big way. Judge them yourself using the hubs plus size women's swimsuit pics. Also featuring video of BBW lingerie fashion show.