JEB as Mitt Romney's Vice President
JEB as Mitt Romney's Vice
There has been a lot of speculation about who Mitt Romney would chose as his Vice President. It has been very clear to me since I started writing for Hubpages that it would be JEB. There are several tangible reasons to choose JEB given the Bush families ability to pull grass root campaigns and funding together so quickly. But once again I would argue that the most important reason to have JEB on the ticket is that presidential candidates are vetted long before they are even considered for the executive branch.
Mitt Romney will not be able to beat Barack Obama on his own without JEB. And JEB wants the trifecta of Leader of the Free World. If JEB is elected to the Vice Presidents office it will be a complete shut out for the Democrats. The Democratic Party will be in danger of exactly what they accuse the Republican Party of which is of failing. After all the Republican Party has been around much longer then the Democratic Party. In the 1880(s) it was the Republicans and the Whigs which also ceased to exist.
What does JEB have to offer to the ticket?
1) The Bush brand which is not nearly as damaged as it has been made out to be especially since George H.W. Bush has managed to be silent for so long.
2) JEB in general is not a bad executive and the mistakes he has made which are great he has learned from.
3) JEB can and will carry the Hispanic vote right out from underneath Barack Obama.
4) JEB has a positive message for the future of America.
5) JEB is conservative but has learned to live with liberals. God knows his brother has challenged JEB regularly with this issue.
7) Foreign Affairs Experience.
8) A return to the traditions of the Republican Party far away from the Tea Party Movement.
9) JEB has a history of turning his enemies into allies which can’t be said about every politician.
10) National Security Experience
There are many more attributes in which JEB would be the best VP for Mitt Romney but more over JEB has the motivation. He is willing to serve and wants the opportunity. And of course they could win. Either way if JEB becomes Mitt Romney’s VP pick then it will be a very hard race for Barack Obama. It is shaping up to be a hard race either way but if JEB enters the fray this election cycle it will be an insurmountable ticket for the Democrats. And that is exactly what I expect to happen. I like Marco Rubio but I think he needs a few more years on the hill before entering the executive. JEB practically grew up on the hill.
Besides JEB as Vice would have him following in the proud tradition of his Father. For all that I disliked about JEB’s brother, I liked his Father as president. The Republicans have a tremendous amount to lose this election if they do not win.
After a decade of war in the middle east in which both parties have now equally participated I ask you why not JEB? I think this is his window and if he enters it might be a ticket I would be compelled to vote in the affirmative. That is hard for me to write as Barack Obama has made many promises which I would like to give him the opportunity to fulfill. My son loves Barack Obama to which I must remind my son we haven’t had a Democrat in the family since FDR and we considered that person rogue.
I would like to see JEB have the opportunity to fulfill the promise of his Father and those of his brother and be an exceptional leader in this country. In these times we need strong leadership. I believe JEB could bring that to the Romney ticket and serve this country with excellence. The question is does Mitt believe.
More by this Author
- 7Hillary Clinton Anger Management Issues: Fired as Secretary of State Not A Qualification to Run for President
A analysis of Hillary Clinton's effectivenes as Secretary of State and her treatment of American citizens and people around the world.
An article about Pit Bull Debbie Wasserman Schultz failures as a Congress woman and her high ambitions and how she projects her character flaws onto sainted Mitt Romney.
An analysis of Hillary Clinton's feasibility of runnng for president in 2016.