Joe Citizen Endorses Herman Cain
In May I wrote an article about Herman Cain. I had never heard of him and wondered who he was and why was he running for President. After watching him in several debates, I liked what I saw and heard. He had charisma and was a great speaker. I liked the fact that he was a non-politican and was a proven businessman with real executive experience. My only problem was I doubted he could win the nomination.
Last month he had an outstanding performance in the Fox News Debate in Orlando, Florida. Then he won the Florida Straw Poll by doubling the votes of Mitt Romney and Rick Perry. Some in the media called it a protest vote, but he has surged in several polls. While Romney has the support of about 20-25% in most polls, he is not gaining. The voters are reluctant to rally around him just because it is his turn to be the nominee. As people get to know Mr. Cain, they like what they see and hear.
Mr. Cain is the candidate with the best chance of defeating Barack Obama in 2012 for several reasons:
1. Herman Cain is very popular in the South. Although any Republican candidate will carry most of the South, it is Florida, Virginia and North Carolina that are very important to victory in 2012. A candidate from the South could win these states that were narrowly won by Obama in 2008. If the GOP is to win the White House in 2012, these states must be won.
2. Cain has a real plan for economic growth. I like his 9-9-9 plan of a 9% flat tax on individuals, 9% tax on businesses and a 9% sales tax. This would give a boost to our economy and create jobs. It may need to be tweaked a little for Congress to pass it, but it is the first step in eliminating the income tax and going to a flat or fair tax.
3. Cain is a likeable person who talks with common sense. He is not your usual "politician" and I like that. Some may have reservations because he has never held an elected office before, but I think it is a huge plus. I like his response when asked about his lack of experience: "Everyone in Washington has held public office before. How's that working out for your?" He has real business experience that could help solve the many problems that our nation faces today.
4. Cain takes the "race card" off the table for the Obama campaign and the liberal media. He is "blacker" than Obama. He lived through the civil rights movement and knows about racial bigotry. He overcame it and fulfilled his American dream. With Cain as President, maybe we could get real "hope and change" that Obama promised us in 2008.
5. Herman Cain makes me feel proud to be an American. He inspires me and I trust him with the economy and the security of our nation.
These are just some of the reasons I like Herman Cain. While Romney and Perry have gotten endorsements from many politicians, I feel it is the endorsement and support of the American voters that will count the most. As an average citizen, I am endorsing Herman Cain for the GOP nomination in 2012. I ask you to carefully examine his business record and position on the issues. If you decide to support his candidacy, I am sure you will be glad that you did!
More by this Author
America is in serious trouble. There are many problems today that must be solved and done quickly. These are not Democratic or Republican problems. These are not liberal or conservative problems. These are American...
The 2016 U.S. presidential election may be the biggest un-popularity contest the world has ever seen.
Almost 100 million people in more than 90 counries worldwide bowl each year. Bowling can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Most bowling centers have bumpers on some of their lanes to help kids have better scores until...