Just Some Simple Ideas to Fix Our Economy
Lets Fix This Thing!
I saw a commercial where firemen are standing around in a town-hall taking votes by majority on how to fix a communities problems. The main guy was asking, "We have to vote on proposal for a water cleaning facitlity, who wants clean water?" All the firemen go "Aye!" and the head fireman says, "Easiest day on the job ever!" So I was sitting there thinking to myself..."What is going on with our country and why hasn't anyone just fixed it?"
I thought well I should write some of the ideas that flashed through my mind when I thought about how it could be fixed. Here I will talk about some of those simple ideas.
- A national and state sales tax - I know we hate taxes but you know what, I hate the idea of this country becoming a third world nation. A national and local state tax could help refill our nations coffers.
- Taxing Imported Goods - A tax on all goods imported from overseas or from Mexico could help bring jobs back to the United States.
- Outsourcing Fines - Fining companies that outsource their manufacturing to China or other nations should be penalized at times like these when our economy is failing for taking the jobs here away from our country.
- Legalize Marijuana - Why are we paying to house criminals who smuggle in a nonlethal drug like marijuana when we could sell it here in the United States like cigarettes and alcohol and tax the hell out of it?
- Legalize Gambling Across the Board - I know there are state lotteries and legal gambling establishments in many states but we need to have gambling of all types opened up to private industry like hotels in all U.S. cities and towns so that they can boost their revenue and in turn put the money back into the economy.
- Reinstate the G.I. Bill for All Our Fighting Men and Women - If we educate and give our fighting men and women grants for homes and education and give them job placement opportunities here in the United States it will help re-solidify the now failing middle class. After World War 2 our country did this and the 50's were harrowed as a sort of Renaissance for our nation. It was because soldiers were taken care of and given an education and homes.
I believe that if we took these simple steps we would bring back jobs to this country, boost our countries coffers, and give our nation the leg up it needs to get back on its feet. I know it isn't that simple with the way politicians and lobbyist do things but it really should be! Lets get over this rut and figure out the ways we need to get over it. Write a congressmen or woman and have them read this article if you'd like. It's ridiculous what is happening to our nation and it's time for a change and in some ways a return to what this nation is really about... progress and leadership.
More by this Author
Okay first off, I'm not an advocate for addiction. I hate addiction personally and I believe it is wrong to put a substance above all other things in life. But there are people out there that suffer from addictions just...
A startling article that goes through a what if scenario of an enemy armed force invading your country and what you should do to survive. This is a sobering look at what would happen if your country was to ever be...
A look into rapid hypnotic induction, this guide demonstrates two ways to put someone into a quick trance.