Life 101 : Moral Issues of Today's Generation
As we look at it
Moral,as we define it, pertains to the principles or rules of right conduct of an individual in a society.
In fact, you and I may be judged by other people based from our actions in public places.
There's a saying that "Charity begins at home," the same with moral issues.
Younger generation will always imitate the acts of older generation.
To tell you frankly, the abuses on moral issues that I'm going to enumerate are rampant these days.
You be the judge if we can still go back to the times that people still respect other people's lives, sexuality, environmental concerns,honesty and dignity and the love for the Higher Being(God Almighty).
Hence, all the rights we are exercising have the corresponding responsibility that we should observe at all times.
We are responsible on what we do in this world we live in.
A good life mirrors the proper upbringing of one's life. It's a life where you can decide and defend according to the teachings of the Higher Being.
"No man is an island."
As a social being we have the right to critic others who are doing wrong in a level that he/she can admit his/her wrongdoing and change for the better or renewed life.
We owe our life to the Giver.
Therefore,we should always do the things that are pleasing to His eyes.
- Sacredness of Life - It is the most important blessing given by the Lord to man. But as we hear the issues concerning our moral obligation on the respect for life, people are taking side more to modern methods (contraceptives,abortion) in order to control life. Recently, Pro-Life advocate staged a peaceful rally tackling this very important issue here in the Philippines. The argument given by pro-life group is that they respect and honor the rights and dignity of people to from the period of conception until death.Whereas,according to the pro-choice group, people have the right to choose, especially mothers.
- Sexuality - Have you seen the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, and Transgender) community staging rallies, urging people to respect them? They have all the rights to be recognized and respected by the society. Sexuality is a sacred part of our humanity. This is where our wholeness as a person is based. We can give honor to anyone's sexuality if we will use it at the right time and purpose(let's say for being married). Our body can be a toy for other's physical satisfaction if used for wrong reason. Let us be vigilant in weighing issues regarding sex. Let us widen our understanding regarding our own sexuality and for others, too.
- Crimes - Almost all news are saturated by criminal acts committed by people under the influence of illegal drugs and other prohibited acts. Abuses are inflicted by older persons to young, innocent children. Or even children are already committing crimes. Influences can be attributed to watching violent movies, playing violent computer games and engaging in illicit activities, like taking illegal drugs. Have you heard the news about a son killing and burying his father, hoping to escape the crime he committed?
- Pornography - According to clinical experts, the anatomy or effects of pornography to men produces addiction due to overexposure with adult movies and magazines.Pornography is also the main cause of incest cases being committed by fathers to their daughters.
- Environmental destruction - Apart from excessive mining,the destruction of the environment can be blamed for the improper usage of land and exploitation of its natural resources. Because of such harsh acts on our planet, we are now suffering from lack of natural drinking water, the depletion of ozone layer which protect us from direct rays of the sun and the dying or extinction of plants and animals around the world.
- Piracy - This is a rampant violation against intellectual property right and copyright. Most fly-by night hawkers or vendors may offer you fake copies of movie DVDs or music CDs that will not give back royalties to the owners or authors of the materials in films and in music. Books are also being copied illegally, the same with fine arts and photographic works, computer software, product designs and a lot more.
More on Moral Issues
- Moral issues: Our Beliefs and Its Effects on Human N...
First you may ask yourself what is Moral issues: The meaning of moral issues is just this. Moral issues are those which involve a difference of belief and not a matter of preference. Now some of the...
- Morality Issues Regarding the Natural Law Approach
The natural law is a weaker theological approach to understanding morality. This law is a part of the teleological ethical theory, in that “it defines human good in terms of our ultimate purpose or telos” and “understands this explicitly in...
- THE GOOD SAMARITAN AND THE PUBLIC OPTION, A MORAL I...
The Good Samaritan & the Public Option 29But, wanting to prove himself righteous, the man said to Jesus: “Who really is my neighbor? 30In reply Jesus said: “A certain man was going down from Jerusalem...
More by this Author
October 3, 2012 is the full implementation of Republic Act 10175 or Cyber Crime Law. Will the police authority jail all the perpetrators online or will this act backfire on the present administration of the Philippines?
Cyber Bullying is rampant online and it's happening all over the world. How can we track down offenders. I am sure, one of those who are reading this hub also experienced unjust vexation at the chat room of Facebook or...
Some of early users of this coffee-saving tip gained an ample reduction in their electrical consumption. This is good news to the skyrocketing prices of electricity in the Philippines.