ODYSSEY DAWN. . .LOOK OUT LIBYA
“Say Desert Shield, Desert Storm or Iraqi Freedom and you know exactly what kind of military operation it is. Use ‘Odyssey Dawn’ as the name for the bombing mission on Libya, and all you envision are the pantywaisted metrosexuals who are running the military under Barack Obama.” (barenakenislam.com)
This is so funny I just had to quote it.
MSNBC had someone call and ask about the name Odyssey Dawn. Even they were disturbed by it. This link explains it all MSNBC.
But here is the explanation. The Defense Dept set out the following guidelines. The first word must begin with the letter O and the second must begin with the letters A,B,C,D,E, or F.
The following is from the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
d. Criteria for Selecting First and Second Words.
Nicknames and exercise terms may not contain words that are in the following categories:
(1) Close in spelling or pronunciation to a code word.
(2) Any two-word combination voice call sign found in either JANAP 119 or Allied Communications PUB (ACP 119
(3) Exotic words, expressions, or well-known commercial trademarks.
(4) Express a degree of aggression inconsistent with traditional American ideals or current foreign policy
(5) Convey anything offensive to good taste of derogatory to a particular group, sect or creed
(6) Convey anything offensive to US Allies or other free-world nations
(7) The worlds “project” “exercise” or “operation” in combination or alone
(8) Words that can be used as one or two words, such as moon light
So now we know how the bombing of Libya got named. My things have changed!
More by this Author
Robbing, killing, raping and forcing young girls into prostitution are just a few of the activities being conducted by gangs of Somali youths and these crimes have been going on for several years. Somalis began...
Twelve years ago I decided to get a grip and TRY to paint with watercolors.As usual I tensed up, by stomach got knots in it and I felt this sinking feeling. Well it's hard to master. We are afraid of making a...